Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NCDOR - Database Administrator - DB2 (523049)
501 N. Wilmington St. Raleigh NC 27604
Either Phone or In Person
The position will support legacy databases and new database installations. The position will work with a team of DBAs that will provide support to tax system databases that contain both federal and state tax information.
The work is anticipated to take three to four months including handoff and knowledge transfer at the end of the assignment. The position will be 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and the work will take place onsite at the Raleigh headquarters location.
The position will support legacy databases and new database installations. The position will work with a team of DBAs that will provide support to tax system databases that contain both federal and state tax information. The selected candidate will serve as primary database support for DB2 on Z Series Mainframe in a production environment. This includes Table Reorgs, Indexing, Table Partitioning, Performance Tuning, Automation and Scheduling of tasks in Zeke with extensive use of JCL, Easytrieve and REXX.
The preferred candidate will have 10 years of experience.
• Mastery of DR best practices and ABARS as well as other complex administration task of high transaction volume tax application.
• Ability to perform Regular Storage Management and Administration of large databases on MainFrame DASD
• Assist programmers in diagnosing/troubleshooting code and queries
• Provide Performance Tuning on the DB2 Z databases
• Provide Database Administration on DB2 os390 v11
• Strong demonstrated administration skills of IBM DB2 on ZOS
• Experience with CA Database tool
• Demonstrated ability to work with DB2 on the Mainframe
• Administration of CICS; Programming languages; REXX, Easytrieve, Cobol, JCL; ISPF (CLIST, PROCS, Skeletons, Panels, Messages, Tables) and Logon Procs; File manipulation: FTP, ConnectDirect, File-AID/RDX, VSAM, RACF, IMS
Sample Role Types: Database Administrator, Logical Database Administrator, Physical Database Administrator
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Data analysis and database management
2. Maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning
3. (Logical) Administration of application objects within database; maintenance of business requirements for database, database schema, data maps, ERDs, application objects (i.e., tables, indexes, views, etc.); performance of database application tuning; provision of business and data requirements and data for capacity planning
4. (Physical) Environment-level administration; installation/patch/upgrade of database software; management of HA, database-level security; maintenance of database configuration files and data files; completion of database reorganizations, environment tuning, refreshes, exports and imports, backup and recovery; performance of capacity planning drive
Apply by creating/using account