Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
DHHS PMO Senior Project Manager (520329)
Dix Campus Raleigh
Either Webcam Interview or In Person
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Project Management Office is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of an integrated, web based commercial-off- the-shelf (COTS) solution.
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a contractor to serve as the Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of an integrated, web based commercial-off- the-shelf (COTS) solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below.
• Provide leadership in managing a large scale, complex project.
• Manage the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned project including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/organizational change management, value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
• Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success.
• Provide leadership by facilitating project definition, planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource planning to accomplish project objectives while managing applicable scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
• Ensure smooth project progression by effectively defining/managing the project plan (MPP), phase gate reviews, change requests and stakeholder status reporting.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction for both project team and business partners while working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among stakeholders.
• Manage projects throughout the project lifecycle. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process and take corrective action, as necessary.
• Ensure adherence to DHHS IT Division Project Management Office and other applicable state/federal policies and procedures.
• Develop quality business relationships so that client needs can be anticipated and addressed.
• Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies and quality control.
• Actively engage in development or oversight of the development of all documentation for project.
The position requires the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as skills to facilitate communication, team focus, influence, service oriented, problem solving, analytic thinking, planning, personal development and decisiveness. Using these attributes, the candidate will communicate individual roles and project/program expectations for both internal and external teams, develop detailed project plans and schedules, provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects or programs including sub projects and at times, individual project members; including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts using a strong blend of Project Management business analysis and technical experience. This position also monitors and audits project or program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and identifies ways to resolve schedule issues, provides required project status reporting, assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 7+ years of relevant experience, including proven track record managing high-priority projects in a complex, sophisticated customer and competitive environment
• Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply analysis to actionable insights
• Organizational intelligence and strong influence management/cross-functional leadership skills; adept at working in a matrix structure
• Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to senior leaders
• Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Apply by creating/using account