Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
DEQ/DNR/MDARD- Programmer Analyst 2 (522402)
Constitutional Hall, 525 W. Allegan Street , Lansing Mi
Either Webcam or In Person
Programmer Analyst supporting multiple highly complex applications. Strong PowerBuilder coding expertise for versions 7 through 12 required. PFC experience required. Jaguar Server experience is highly desired.
Years of Experience:
4 years of Application Development and trouble shooting experience in the IT field.
Strong PowerBuilder coding expertise for versions 7 through 12, experience with the PowerBuilder Foundation Class Library (PFC) is required.
Jaguar Server experience is highly desired.
Strong skills in creating SQL objects, writing database scripts, and preparing Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers are required.
Serve as a Programmer/Analyst under the guidance of the immediate supervisor or senior level Programmer/Analyst. Use basic principles and procedures of methodology, and automated data processing to design, develop, debug, test, and maintain highly complex software applications. These applications exist on a wide variety of platforms including PC-based, Web-based, Mobile, and Mainframe. Legacy application development and maintenance may require knowledge of other platforms.
• Participate in daily scrums, project planning, and project review meetings.
• Design and document IT solutions which conform to State of Michigan standard technology.
• Provide professional technical expertise to the DTMB AS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors in IT project estimating, and budgeting.
• Design scripts and coordinate application peer testing, load testing and system integration testing.
• Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams.
• Develop software code based on design.
• Design solutions for a specific application need.
• Code to standards.
• Work with the business client to create test scenarios. Design and develop test plans, applications, or subsystems.
• Provide defect tracking log entry information.
• Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database.
• Implement IT solutions.
• Maintain and upgrade systems as a result of tool upgrades.
• Documents identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis.
• Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management.
• Work with vendors who provide IT solutions.
• Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meeting.
• Performs assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development.
• Identify potential impacts of changes.
• Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members.
• Apply State government processes to systems that support the DNR, DEQ, and MDARD.
• Apply Agency business rules to system and program design.
• Document changes to existing programs using standards established by DTMB management.
• Follow client's policies for access and distribution of reports and data.
• Maintain work log and status.
• Perform tasks for internal/external security and standards review as directed.
• Follow DTMB Problem Management processes to resolve client problems reported through Remedy trouble tickets, phone calls and email.
• Update assigned trouble tickets with status comments to keep clients and co-workers informed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Apply by creating/using account