Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Kindly try to find local
Business Analyst - Consultant
J02 - 1801 MAIN ST Columbia, South Carolina
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
SCDHHS is seeking a Business Analyst - Consultant to assist with implement small to large projects.
Objectives to Be Fulfilled by Candidate:
The principal duties of this position are to evaluating agency needs, as-is and to-be business processes, and technical designs to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non-technical solutions. Functions as a Senior Business Analyst. The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Working within a team to build the expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
• Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
• Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
• Documents and analyzes agency business processes and recommending improvements.
• Documents and analyzes data requirements and relationships.
• Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control, tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
• Provides requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
• Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
• Interacts with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies, State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
• Research business rules, requirements, and models.
• Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
• Other project-related duties.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 3 years' experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases. Very Strong proficiency in English is required.
• MMIS experience (project or operations)
• Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
• Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
• Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
• Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Familiarity with Behavior Driven Design practices
• Jira or another similar system
• Familiarity with Gherkin or similar BDD language.
Remote Work consist of possibly one day a week from home.
Apply by creating/using account