Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hanover Project Coordinator - Kronos (520936)
7497 County Complex Road, Hanover VA 23069
In Person Only
This is a professional position that performs work of considerable difficulty in advanced technical and analytical duties in support of the Kronos Human Resources and Payroll system. The incumbent performs difficult and complex tasks in order to ensure the successful completion of multiple projects and is responsible for managing complex technical tasks and project teams in a cross-functional team environment.
This position will report to the Finance Division Director.
• Assists in the overall maintenance and support of the Kronos application
• Serves as team lead for larger and/or non-routine projects including analyzing and developing solutions to system and business process issues
• Works with cross-functional, cross-departmental/entity team to address and analyze business requirements and automated systems issues
• Oversees Kronos application including security, maintenance and upgrade, troubleshooting software or hardware problems, developing processes and creating user documentation
• Assists in obtaining information from the system via queries and reports utilizing current application reporting capabilities and data warehouse
• Consults with the vendor and the IT Department for technical support
• Participates in the research and evaluation of software upgrades and technical updates
• Assists in developing policies and procedures for Kronos application
• Manages the change control process for system changes, updates and projects
• Leverages knowledge to develop customer-focused, business-appropriate solutions in conjunction with stakeholders
A. Hazards: None known
B. Environment: Office. Travel for support to County, School, Jail and Library locations.
C. Must perform regular, periodic on-call duties and beyond normal work schedule to resolve critical issues and system upgrades. Includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
D. Physical effort: Minimal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Ability to work with customers, hardware/software vendors, and ITD staff to resolve a variety of problems and to ensure correct and effective application of technology. Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to prepare accurate and detailed documentation. Ability to use independent judgment and effectively supervise project team members. Proven team-building and leadership skills and understanding of project management practices and techniques. Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with County staff and vendors. Possesses general knowledge of local government business operations in the areas of finance and human resources.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a related field; minimum three years of experience in the implementation and support of business information systems; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. IT experience must include serving as a Project Leader for the successful completion of a significant IT project. OR Any equivalent combination of relevant education, experience, and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge skills and abilities totaling at least ten (6) years is required.
Global Candidate Requirements
Apply by creating/using account