Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
CL - Systems Software Programmer - Advanced
Department of Social Services
L04 - 1535 CONFEDERATE AVE EXT N TOWERS BLDG Columbia SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Division of Technology Services is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining multiple mission critical applications for the Department of Social Services.
The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills for the software development to be part of the Web Application Development team to deliver the new South Carolina SNAP E&T Participation Tracking System, under the Supervision of our Lead Information Systems Architect.
Over the past three years, the South Carolina SNAP E&T program has grown to include over 30 contracts and over 50 providers statewide with its robust Third Party Reimbursement Program. These contracts include technical colleges, community based organizations, for-profit organizations and state agencies. Due to the growth in the SNAP E&T program, it is the desire of DSS' Employment Services Division to modernize the effectiveness and increase efficiencies in our legacy SNAP E&T computer system.
Key Project Outcomes Include:
• Development of new modernized, integrated enterprise software to improve accuracy and effectiveness of SNAP E&T data collection and reporting measures.
• Development of an intensive case management and participation tracking process which includes capturing participant achievements prior to completion of a component and/or entry into the work force.
• To assist E&T participants with moving toward economic stability and eliminating their need for nutrition assistance, South Carolina must analyze and develop system software strategies to ensure SNAP E&T participants are matched with applicable components that will help them gain skills and /or industry certifications, and obtain a long-standing job placement
• A Referral Process Module which will allow Case Managers, E&T Coordinators, and Third Party Reimbursement Partners contracted by DSS to create more effective referrals for all ABAWDs and non-ABAWD participants. This referral process module will focus on enhancing participant/component matching processes.
• A Partners Portal which will provide contracted partners the capability, via Internet access, to enter participation records for SNAP E&T participants and submit invoices for reimbursable expenses.
• An internal Financial Portal which will assist South Carolina with the issuance and monitoring of all vendor contracts, billing processes and execution of payments.
• A Reporting Module which will provide DSS the capability to facilitate data aggregation to meet State and Federal reporting measures; and allow for continuous data analysis for the development of program improvements for SNAP E&T.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position Description – Systems Software Programmer – Adcanced
Candidate should be expert coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction. In addition, they should be expert in the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, C#, .ASP.net, .NET, MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
• Interact with other software engineers and technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Interact with representatives of other industry and government groups to understand and/or recommend data interchange formats, APIs, messaging strategies, application server software, as well as hardware and virtual machine requirements.
• Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of (in OO terms) several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
• Implement and debug subsystems and components.
• Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
• Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
• Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
• Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
• Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the engineers or other project leads.
• Participate in efforts to share technology and expertise within the organization; mentor junior and aspiring software development engineers.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
• Be a key contributors within the Web Application Development team to deliver the new Economic Services Re-Engineering project that will deliver a new Registration, Interview Center and Eligibility system for DSS.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 7 years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
• 5+ year's experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
• 5+ years' experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
• Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
• Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
Environments and Tools
• MS Server 2012 R2 enterprise server, IIS 8.5
• MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server.
• TFS (Team Foundation Server)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
• C#, .ASP.net, .NET
• ASP.NET MVC 3 or higher
• Java Script
• WCF – Must 5 years
• Entity Framework 6 – Must 2 years
• Responsive design – Recommended 3 years
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Preference will be given to experience related to Economic Services Eligibility applications (SNAP/TANF) system design and development and/or knowledge of the Economic Services program's mission and objectives
• Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
Apply by creating/using account