Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
IA - IWD - SDP3 - .Net (515765)
1000 E. Grand Ave.Des Moines IA
In Person Only
An experienced Application Developer responsible for building .NET applications using VB.Net, C#.Net, and other tools.
Note: In Person interviews Only. No Webcam Interviews, No Exceptions.
ACES Applications Developer is a part of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) team that develops and supports an application utilized by all 50 states. This is a highly demanding, seasoned team responsible for a critical BLS application.
Application Development – 50%
IWD needs an experienced Application Developer responsible for building .NET applications using VB.Net, C#.Net, and other tools. Responsibilities include:
- Plan, design and develop structured programming code or web modules for complex applications based on systems analysis.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues. -
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
- Experienced with Oracle SQL database.
- Combine database language and procedural programming language.
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Maintain appropriate backup and recovery procedures for critical information and systems.
- Uphold all compliance of state and federal information security standards.
Systems Analysis and Design – 35%
- Analyzing and gathering requirements for a highly secure, government software application and creating a design for the final software output.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Examine complex and intricate system operations and procedures.
- Evaluate potential changes to business operations, network functions and/or procedures.
- Develop project plan, deliverables, and timelines.
- Write documentation to depict the flow of data, design documents, forms, and record layouts.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Perform extensive software testing and stringent quality checks to ensure an error free as well as optimum final product to the user.
- Understanding the life cycle of software and determining any changes that may be needed as per the observations and feedback from peers or end users.
End User Support and Ongoing Product Development – 10%
- Training team members and/or the end user on the final product as well as providing technical support whenever required.
- Provide help desk support to end users.
- Resolve customer service tickets in a timely manner and according to established procedures.
- Track improvements and enhancements for backlog.
- Participate as a team member providing input, asking questions, and sharing responsibility to ensure continuing improvements on projects, programs and services.
- Establish standards to insure systems are being effectively utilized.
- Keep current on the latest technologies that aid in the development of core web applications and enhance their features in the long run.
Professional and Personal Development – 5%
Must be a confident, team player working with very experienced team members. Conform and adhere to all work rules, policies and procedures set forth by Iowa Workforce Development, State of Iowa, and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Attend training courses and acquire necessary skills to meet the requirements of the workplace. Participate in performing after hours' duties as required by supervisor.
Apply by creating/using account