Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Health and Human Services
Medicaid Experince must
CL - Database Administrator - Consultant
J02 - 1801 MAIN ST Columbia SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State's aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RMMIS ORACLE Application DBA is responsible for managing all database related technical aspects for the engineering and software development life-cycle (SDLC) for a replacement MMIS database. The project is a multi-year effort that will be one of the largest IT projects in the State. The State plans to conduct a multi-vendor design and development effort.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Installs and configures ORACLE database software, creates data models, develops naming conventions and DB change control procedures;
• Install and configure ORACLE databases with a traditional configuration on a RedHat/ORACLE Linux server
• Manage ORACLE database architecture, interconnections, and schemas for the storage and retrieval of MMIS information in a high transaction rate, mission critical 24x7 environments.
• Support database operations and work closely with application and infrastructure group for MMIS Replacement initiatives.
• Assist Enterprise Architect with overall planning needs for the database design and data modeling;
• Provide formal and/or information training in DBMS administration and maintenance, database design, analysis, and management.
• Contribute to service design and support for a service oriented architecture (SOA)-based system
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Seven or more years in a development or service administration role using the following skills:
• Oracle database 11g and 12c
• Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform all basic database management and administration skills
• Demonstrate practical understanding of ORACLE database physical structure, overall architecture, and database performance analysis
• Strong background in database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
• Experience in database design and data modeling, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning.
• Strong understanding of software development life-cycles
• Experience deploying and configuring ORACLE Data Guard, ORACLE Enterprise Manager, ORACLE Automatic Storage Management, ORACLE ACFS, ORACLE Golden Gate, and ORACLE Recovery Manager.
• Experience performing/configuring RMAN backup and recovery.
• Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
• Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
• Able to work independently and provide updates to management
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in a healthcare insurance environment (Medicaid preferred).
• Public sector procurement experience is a plus.
• Experience with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts
• Oracle or SQL certification
• Experience in the design and application of service-oriented architectures.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field is required.
• 5+ years of ORACLE database administration experience
• 5+ years of experience working with development teams
• Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
Apply by creating/using account