Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
CL - Network Engineer – Consultant 7623-1
J02 - 301 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Department Organization:Health & Environmental Control Department
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
DHEC is in the process of upgrading the network infrastructure. Due to the volume of systems, interdependencies, hardware devices, and various locations throughout the state, additional staff is needed to support the effort. The team will ensure systems are set up following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team directly responsible for the implementation of the Network Modernization project.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of DHEC and solution implementation staff for network related planning, designing and installation, configuration and conversion of networking components for the Network Modernization project. Will coordinate with Network Operations Team Lead on the daily assignments, tasks and coordinate and collaborate with contract staff as well as existing DHEC Network Operations staff as relates to the project. Ensure project and task timelines are set, met, mitigate issues by resolving or proposing solution.
Will advise Staff on hardware configurations and implementations, work with vendor and staff on deliverables, troubleshooting and LAN/WAN needs. Will take ownership of Network task and deliverables and ensure they are completed.
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
The candidate will work closely with the Network Team Lead to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.
This will also include compliance to DHEC security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction
Module support of the project.
• DHEC will require that selected personnel sign the DHEC confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
• DHEC will not accept any offers including an "up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
• Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
• Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
• All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by DHEC will remain the sole property of DHEC and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor's application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of DHEC.
• DHEC has the final say on all programming choices.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
DHEC will provide:
• All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
• Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
• Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
• Workstation and required software.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. EXPERIENCE MANAGING BROCADE TECHNOLOGIES.
2. EXPERIENCE MANAGING CISCO TECHNOLOGIES.
3. EXPERIENCE MANAGING PALO ALTO FIREWALLS.
4. EXPERIENCE WITH SOLARWINDS.
5. EXPERIENCE MANAGING AN ENTERPRISE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE.
6. EXPERIENCE WITH TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION WRITING.
7. EXPERIENCE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARD INFORMATION SECURITY PRACTICES
8. EXPERIENCE IN DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING ENTERPRISE LEVEL SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Working with various Telco vendors including SC State Department of Technology.
2. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
3. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
4. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
5. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
6. Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
Apply by creating/using account