Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 Months
Agency Interview Type: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Currently, there are no DES IT Oracle DBA staff members with advanced Oracle 12c, Active Data Guard, Goldengate, and Oracle Security Suite skills to install, configure, patch, upgrade, tune, monitor Oracle DB's & apps for SCUBI FTI secure application
***The candidate must work ON SITE at DES 700 Wade Avenue for the duration of the contract. The candidate will not be allowed to work from home.
Currently, there are no DES IT Oracle DBA staff members with advanced Oracle 12c, Active Data Guard, Goldengate, and Oracle Security Suite skills to install, configure, patch, upgrade, tune and monitor Oracle databases and applications for the SCUBI FTI secure application. The State of North Carolina's Division of Employment Security (DES) seeks one highly motivated, creative, solution oriented Oracle DBA Specialist to facilitate engineering and implementation of on premise elements of a hybrid cloud architecture supporting the Division's new SCUBI project. The primary role of this individual is Oracle Database Administrator/Engineer.
Required Skills & Experience:
• This contract position requires being on site in DES Raleigh, NC Office.
• 5+ years combined professional experience working with Oracle database and middleware as a solutions engineer, development DBA, and/or production DBA in Linux/Unix environments.
• 5+ years Professional expertise with setup and maintenance of Data Guard and Active Data Guard, both manually and via OEM.
• 5+ years Professional expertise with ASM and Grid Infrastructure for Standalone Server (RAC unnecessary).
• 5+ years Strong bash or sh shell scripting skills, strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
• 2+ years' Experience with installation of Fusion Middleware.
• 2+ years' Experience configuring SSL/TLS listeners for Oracle database and middleware.
• 2+ years of professional experience as an advanced Oracle 12c DBA.
• 1+ Years Professional expertise in the full GoldenGate lifecycle, design to maintenance, with working experience on 12c.
• 6+ Months Professional experience engineering Oracle's standard enterprise deployment models.
• 2 years Development or operational experience working with WebLogic and OBIEE (hands-on with 12c is highly desired.)
• Linux administrative skills are a bonus.
• Engineer multiple secure, on premise Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (WebLogic, OBIEE, ODI) platforms on SLES hosts.
• Establish backup/recovery procedures.
• Establish disaster recovery replication between state-owned sites.
• Develop solutions to replicate databases from Amazon AWS to on premise platforms.
• Develop solutions to replicate data from active standby databases to warehouse data stores.
• Deploy the developed solutions to a secure production environment.
• Train FTE resources in installation, management, and monitoring of the work product via job shadowing, knowledge transfers, and written procedures.
• This individual must lead and guide other DBA's, and deliver results as planned.
Apply by creating/using account