Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Department of Health and Human Services
Duration: 12+ Months
Remote Work Availability: 25%
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Solution Architect will support the Enterprise Services organization by creating highly complex solution architectures in two key areas:
• Platform Services
The Platform Services division is responsible for implementing the platforms and systems to establish key technology capabilities for all Enterprise Architecture components including the SCDHHS Portal, Integration Hub, and Enterprise Data Services. The Solution Architect will be responsible for designing and leading the implementation of platform and interoperability solutions that focus on standards-based integrations as well as ITIL Service Design and Operations.
• Development Operations
The Development Operations division is responsible for developing solutions to support the integration of agency components with the Enterprise Architecture and Replacement MMIS systems including business and data services such as Provider, Eligibility, Claims, Encounters, and Payment subsystems. The Solution Architect will be responsible for designing and leading the creation of software solutions that focus on standards-based features and capabilities.
• Design platform and software solutions using the SCDHHS Technology Product Portfolio (TPP) including:
o Liferay DXP
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Oracle WebLogic Application Server
o Oracle SOA Suite
o Oracle Fusion Middleware
o Oracle B2B
o Microsoft SSIS
o MarkLogic NoSQL Server
o Oracle Database Server
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Gitlab Enterprise
o Software Containers (Docker)
• Design platform and software solutions to meet Technical Reference Architecture (TRA) standards including:
o Identity and Access Management
o Identity Federation Standards (SAML, OAuth)
o Application Platform Integration
o Service Oriented Architecture
o Managed File Transfer
o Enterprise Document Management
o Enterprise Service Bus
o Web Services
o Electronic Data Interchange
o Enterprise Data Services
o Enterprise Data Management Pipeline
o Master Data Management
• Perform software architecture assessments for new and existing solution implementations against solution designs to identify gaps.
• Develop roadmaps for solution architecture changes for software and platforms to meet compliance with solution designs and TRA standards.
• Participate in the assessment of current and emerging technology with a focus on technology capabilities and impact to solution architecture.
• Participate in the technical architecture review / change governance processes.
Five or more years' experience in designing complex enterprise solutions within a service oriented architecture with specific experience including:
• Standards-based focus on system interoperability using service oriented components
• Proven experience in leading enterprise platform and solution implementation projects
• Demonstrable experience with architecting complex enterprise service bus capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to create complex solution architecture designs
• Demonstrated ability to create solution implementation strategies and roadmaps
• Proven leadership experience for enterprise solution implementation projects
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with Enterprise portal application implementation patterns
• Experience with identity implementation standards and patterns
• Experience with middleware component implement patterns for capabilities as defined in the TPP and TRA.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database platform implementation architecture
• Ability to create solution architecture diagrams using modeling tools such as Microsoft Visio
• Ability to create and deliver solution architecture designs to leadership through content and presentations.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Oracle middleware and database platform experience
• Microsoft middleware and database platform experience
• Identity federation using SAML 2.0 standard
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
• Implementation of federated identity standards with applications, portals, and middleware components
• Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and articulating strategic technology directions.
• Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
• Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
• Experience architecting solutions that use software containers for release and deployment pipelines.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience
Apply by creating/using account