Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Department of Administration
Duration: 10 Months
Comments: End date of 6/30/2018 with the possibility of extensions.
Please note that the manager will prefer conducting "in-person " interviews for this position.
Candidates that were initially submitted for request 7480 and still available can be submitted for this request.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: Position is assigned within the Division of Technology Operations IT Planning and Administration unit as a direct support resource for the Chief Technology Officer. Under limited supervision, manages and coordinates strategic and tactical assignments and project management activities associated with state-wide enterprise level and agency-level information technology initiatives directed from the Division of Technology Operations and/or the Department of Administration. Coordinates project activities, deliverables, and deadlines with the Department of Administration's Program Management Office, Division of Information Security, Enterprise Privacy Office, other state agencies, and with private sector professionals.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Chief Technology Officer in management of state-level enterprise projects directly related to
execution of the state's strategic information technology plan. Serves as DTO's project manager for assigned
projects. Uses project management methodologies from inception through completion. Responsible for managing
projects and for coordinating with private sector professional project managers of assigned projects. Is also
responsible for internal tracking of state resources, project schedules, project deliverables, and for producing
regular status updates and reports to management. At project conclusion, closes out each project in a timely and
orderly manner, with documentation of lessons learned and archiving of essential project documentation.
A bachelor's degree in the liberal arts, business management, public administration, information
technology, or other related field of study. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
A minimum of three (3) years in project management experience is required. Five (5) or more years of project management experience is preferred.
Certified Project Management, PMI training or PMP certification.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF BEST PRACTICES FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRINCIPALS AND
METHODOLOGIES INCLUDING KNOWLEDGE OF STANDARD PROJECT MANAGEMENT TERMINOLOGY, AS DEFINED IN THE PMI PMBOK
2. STRONG VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND WRITTEN SKILLS WITH THE ABILITY TO COMPOSE CLEAR, CONCISE REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE.
3. ABILITY TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN EFFECTIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
4. ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY PLAN AND ORGANIZE WORK ACTIVITIES AND PRIORITIZE TASK COMPLETION ACCORDING TO SCHEDULES AND GOALS.
5. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. ABILITY TO LEAD AND INFLUENCE
2. ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND CLEARLY COMMUNICATE COMPLEX PROJECTS
3. CONSIDERABLE DIPLOMACY AND TACT EXHIBITED IN STRESSFUL SITUATIONS
4. STRONG WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT PROJECT SOFTWARE
5. EMPLOYEE MUST DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF AGENCY MISSION, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Apply by creating/using account