Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under the general direction of the Head of U.S. Operations/Executive Vice President directs the development and implementation of risk management, loss prevention, and directs the New Product Review Committee and environmental programs. Devises risk minimization programs.
General Requirements: BSME, BSCHE, BSEE, New Jersey Licensed P.E. preferred. Eight plus years' experience in pharmaceutical, food, or related processing industries involving the direct supervision of maintenance and construction personnel. Working knowledge of facility and process related projects are necessary. Must have prior hands on control system troubleshooting experience. Should be experienced in solvent handling, chemical spill cleanup and reporting as well as emergency evacuations and contingency planning.
1. Provides leadership and direction in all areas of risk assessment, loss control and environmental regulatory compliance.
2. Plans and develops strategies for comprehensive risk management program that includes appropriate performance records of all risk management programs.
3. Maintain Gat's formal safety and environmental training program. (ongoing)
4. Supervise contractors and interface with vendors as and where needed to complete assigned projects and or repairs for any of our sites.
5. Continually review existing environmental procedures and methods and recommend improvements to Head of U.S. Operations/Executive Vice President
6. Trains new employees on environmental health operations as appropriate to their position in the company
7. Provides direction to the NPRC (New Product Review Committee) to assess hazards presented by various client chemicals for processing in our labs. Must be willing to train a new candidate that will ultimately assume the full responsibility of the program.
8. Air permit management and yearly reports to NJDEP.
9. Process and manage new and revision air permits as needed.
10. NPR assessments and closure to decision of approval or disapproval.
11. Batch logging file keeping for NJDEP year-end reports.
12. Set up SAFETY WEB training program for individual, ALL STAFF, then turnover to EHS role to manage forward.
13. Support EHS on environment, PPE and Engineering solutions projects for personal safety when they arise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Skill in preparation and fiscal management Knowledge of federal, state, local environmental and safety regulations, protocols and/or procedures. Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government. Will interact with regulatory and quality assurance/quality control groups of clients, as well as governing agencies such as the FDA, NJDEP, OSHA and the NJ Board of Health as necessary or required. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to direct, oversee, implement, and enforce safety, environmental and security programs. Provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise. Negotiate and manage contractual arrangements. Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Assess contract compliance and product/service quality. Must be able to work in a small company environment where rapid changes occur constantly. Diagnose and develop reliable solutions to solve problems and meet company goals.
Apply by creating/using an account