Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Sr. Manager ETL Developer in Philadelphia, PA 19103
TSI phone Screen
Client Phone Interview
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: 4+
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
• EXCELLENT written, verbal and interpretation skills.
• 8+ years of programming experience in large relational database environments
• 6+ years of strong SQL (Oracle dialect preferred)
• 3+ years of SQL using Hadoop-based technologies (Hive, Spark, Impala.)
• 3+ years of scripting experience in Linux shell / python / Perl (understanding of Linux environment is a plus)
• Experience developing data pipelines for large-scale data sets a plus.
• Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark Streaming a plus.
• Excellent understanding of relational database concepts, impact of various design on performance
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis, modeling, creating technical documentation
• Experience using Hadoop / Drill / Hive
• Experience with industry standard version control systems - like CVS or SVN or GIT
• Strong experience with data warehousing concepts and data modeling best practices.
• Strong knowledge of extremely large database optimization practices (indexing, partitioning, etc.) in Hadoop.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Familiar with all aspects of Software Development Life-Cycle.
• Experience with other industry standard dashboard tools such as Tableau
• Ability to research and come up with innovative solutions to problems with little to no up-front information.
• Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel.
This database development role has been created to support our Business Intelligence / Data Analysis team. Through in-depth onboarding and enrichment of data this development role helps support critical lines of business on the team. You will also provide summarized information to our Business Intelligence Dashboard developers who will create interactive platforms allowing for day-to-day evaluation of current marketing and advertising initiatives. This fast-paced role will also provide production support by conducting ad-hoc analyses, troubleshooting and general questions and answers based on customer needs. You will work closely with all business units; understand their purpose and intended goals so that information can be incorporated into the end result with extreme accuracy.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping the company develop systems and interfaces in support of multiple mobile business initiatives. This ETL Developer must possess the skill-sets necessary to hit the ground running. You must be comfortable working with extremely large volumes of data and the desire to learn about the mobile business while solving problems quickly.
• Interacting with IT Business Analysts and / or our business partners to acquire the information necessary for product design.
• Following written requirements to help design databases and develop dashboards to support our customers.
• Translating raw data from multiple sources (ETL) into a single dataset at aggregate levels necessary to meet project needs.
• Suggesting alternative ways to group, filter and sort aggregated data for optimal presentation and performance possibilities.
• Providing front-line production support by analyzing customer questions, evaluating data sets to explain end results or quickly adjust processes based on consumer demands.
• Working independently and with groups while engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast paced IT environment.
• Resolving business process conflicts as they relate to project specifications.
• Reporting project statuses to IT Management staff as required.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
5 days a week in office
Apply by creating/using an account