Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Product Owner in Stamford, CT 06901
Initial Phone Screen
Onsite Interview in Stamford, CT
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: 4 years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
This person will rationalize and prioritize requests, determine the appropriate platform to build capabilities and then work in close collaboration with the associated development teams(s) through the lifecycle from defining requirements to the acceptance of deliverables.
The Product Owner will work closely with business stakeholders to ensure solutions meet expectations and with the deployment group that oversees the logistics associated with the delivery, adoption and use of new tools and features.
They will also serve as the SME on tools to provide some assistance to the support team when responding to questions and resolving issues in production.
• Be a subject matter expert by obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the application and features – including UI, data and business logic.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain a backlog of feature requests
• Assess feasibility to build and enhance tools to satisfy business requirement across all available platforms (within one or many). Participate in the evaluation of alternate platforms as needed.
• Maintain a thorough awareness of the use cases supported by owned applications and how users interact with it. Utilize multiple feedback mechanisms to understand user behavior including incidents, social interaction and analytics.
• Attend all Agile ceremonies (grooming, planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.) and be readily available to development team and business stakeholders.
• Prioritize the backlog and ensure there are groomed stories to keep the development team fully utilized for the next 2 sprints.
• Collaborate with developers and testers to ensure that acceptance criteria is fully understood and adequately tested.
• Accept all user stories completed by the development team before they become a release candidate.
• Support the logistics associated with the deployment of tools and enhancements. Develop project documentation, user guides, training and communication associated with all software releases in conjunction with the Communications team and partners.
• Assist the support group to address and resolve issues found in production with assigned tools / features.
• Provide weekly status reports summarizing accomplishments, challenges / issues and future work plans.
• BA/BS or Associate degree in Information Technology or related studies.
• Minimum 4 years as a product owner of a custom / home grown web-based application used by employee for a complex process flow (ideally related to order entry)
• Minimum 4 years working with an Agile development team to define requirements (create user stories) and accept deliverables.
• Proficiency in documenting use cases, BRDs, and application requirements.
• Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel and Visio and other tools used to document and track business requirements.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Experience with Retail operations.
• Experience in cable and/or telecommunications.
• Experience using Rally, Jira, Confluence.
Looking for Product Manager supporting web/mobile applications.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
Required to wok onsite Mon-Fri in Stamford, CT
Apply by creating/using an account