Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Cloud Solutions Architect will serve as technical SMEs for cloud services, providers, and platforms and act as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes to maximize results measured by performance and availability, operations agility, technology modernization, and cost optimization. Responsible for collaborating on and setting cloud vision; providing thought leadership in cloud infrastructure and cloud services architecture to meet client's operational objectives for cloud solutions. Consulting with our team and extended partners on Cloud technologies (including IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Public/Hybrid Cloud Service Provider options), cloud management tools, and converged infrastructure. Designing technical architecture for cloud solutions that meet users and stakeholders' needs for scalability, reliability and performance. Overseeing prototype development and test, and technical feasibility assessments for integrating cloud solutions into this autonomous logistics information system.
• • PhD plus 3 years minimum experience, or MS plus 5 years minimum experience
• 5+ years of experience as an established hands-on developer member of Cloud/Software Engineering teams.
• 5+ years' experience in building capabilities and cloud services on the AWS Platform.
• Experienced with agile development methods.
• AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
• Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
• Experience with Java, C, and / or C++
• • Deep understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST).
• Experience with Apache Spark, Elsaticseach, Kibana, Kafka, Zookeeper, Apache Hive
• Ability to effectively communicate with higher levels of the organization, orally and written.
• Experience with Hortonworks or other Data Management Platforms
• Experience leveraging third party Cloud Service Providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Demonstrated passion about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
• Highly skilled collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks.
• Strong ability to develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud migrations and implementations.
• Experienced providing expertise to construct the architecture and solutions to support current and future business needs, and to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of service.
• Expert at identifying new cloud technologies and platforms to help solve technical challenges or limitations in the existing infrastructure.
• Adept at leading and participating in business requirement gathering sessions, gathering user data requirements, understanding the user requirements, and assisting in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to the cloud.
• Able to develop and implement key cloud deployment strategies and tactics, including sequencing, architecture, assumptions, dependencies and an end-to-end view of the overall implementation approach to migrate current and future system applications, tools and users to cloud platform services.
• Demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads.
• Demonstrated hands on experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools.
• Knowledge of security with respect to cloud technologies.
• Experience in data warehousing and high-performance enterprise computing environment.
• Ability to think strategically and drive for results.
• Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships / alignment with technology experts, partners, sponsors and users.
• Experience building and delivering Cloud Services and Cloud Automation solutions.
Apply by creating/using an account