Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Sr. Performance Test Engineer in Wilmington, DE 19087
Phone or Skype followed by
Onsite face to face interview
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: • 5+ years of Experience with Performance testing of .NET/J2EE Applications. • 5+ years of Solid LoadRunner Scripting experience. Experience with Open Source tools like JMeter, SOASTA, SOAPUI is a Plus
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
• Prior experience with Tuning/optimization of .NET/J2EE Applications.
• Experience in writing simple monitoring and data extraction tools in Java, Python, and/or Unix shell
• Diagnose issues while dealing with uncertainty and incomplete information and identify root cause
• Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python is a Must.
• Experience with Shell/Perl Scripting experience is a Plus.
• Build, Leverage and Maintain effective alliance with Business/Development team.
• Experience with Agile Software development methodologies and able to adapt him/her-self with the fast pace environment.
• Prior experience/knowledge working with Banking Domain/Application is a Plus
• Conceptual Understanding of Unix, Linux, AIX, VMware, Web logic, Tomcat, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
• Strong experience with monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, Client Diagnostics, AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace, vmstat, iostat, htop etc.
• Willingness to learn and quickly adapt to new technologies and applications
• Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Multi task and prioritize as per the business priorities, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong technical, analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication skill needed to communicate with internal and external customers. Has capability to understand the business unit supported and able to adjust quickly.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Strong skills with Load Runner/Client Performance Center required script creation using VuGen for Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, etc. protocols (as applicable) to emulate the application. All scripts are to be appropriately correlated, parameterized, with any check points, think time need to be added, etc.
• Build custom code with the C programming language to make scripts robust and dynamic.
• Review scripts with Performance Engineering Team and/or business team. Determine and validate system functions and user patterns. Build usage models based on these inputs.
1. Work closely with team of Performance Engineers to orchestrate, conduct and participate in line of business performance testing and analysis to ensure performance, stability and scalability of applications
2. Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc. to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing
3. Report on the possibilities of performance failures and make sound decisions for next steps
4. Measure, monitor and capture required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports
5. Measure results against business and technical requirements.
6. Develop and validate test scripts against business unit-of-work requirements and scripting best practices
7. Prioritize and manage multiple initiatives supporting multiple lines of business
8. React accordingly to various challenges before, during and after application performance testing engagements
9. Collaborate with Performance Engineers on the delivery of results and recommendations to the customer
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
• Ability to work on site in Wilmington, DE
• Must be able to demonstrate high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
Apply by creating/using an account