Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Scala Developer in Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: 5-8 years experience
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
• Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
• Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
• Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
• Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
• Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 3 - 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• 3 to 5 years of Java experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Hbase, kafka and spark.
• Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
• Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
• Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
• Understanding of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HDF.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• HPC and System engineering
• Analog and Digital Electronics
• Development of algorithms
• Video encoding / decoding and CDNs
• Experience with multi-platform virtualization environments
• GPU, numerical, and scientific computing systems and implementations
• High availability applications and remote computing (RDP /TS, Citrix, Clustering etc)
• Advanced Linux & Windows Network and IT operations / environments
• Deep coding experience both low-level and OO (C, C++, Python, Java, Assembly)
• Experienced in Cyber security and network diagnostics and performance tuning.
• Data Mining
• Machine Learning
• Information retrieval applications
• Software Development Process from design to QA
• Cloud and/or big data systems experience
• Mobile systems and application experience
• High load, multi-session systems (gaming, video streaming services, SaaS etc)
This is an extremely hands-on role, which will challenge the individual’s skills in design, development, networking, configurations and distributed application environments. This positon will be responsible for working with internal and external partners to build, test, certify and roll-out several new PoCs, systems and architectures.
To be successful you should be highly familiar with and have implemented video encoding / decoding and content distribution systems and solutions. You should have a solid foundation in developing, & implementing multi-platform systems and applications, advanced networking and full stack development in critical environments.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Machine Learning, Data Mining & Analysis. large scale data driven applications and advanced processing systems, predictive modeling, and algorithms. A background as a senior systems consultant or hands on CTO is preferred
Additionally, experience in cyber security, analog / digital electronics, robotics and multi-platform applications (Linux, Windows, Citrix, Oracle etc. will go a long way.
Finally, beyond being a coding and network guru, you will need experience speaking & presenting, as well as developing user guides and documentation. Prior work with advanced research and /or innovation lab environments is expected.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
Must be able to work onsite in Sunnyvale 5 days/week
Apply by creating/using an account