Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Solutions Engineer in Wilmington, DE 19801
Phone Screen followed by
Onsite Face to Face interview
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: • 8+ years of experience in Web Services design and development preferably Spring WS • 5+ years with experience with Java Spring Batch processing large amounts of data • Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns including: o Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) o Java Messaging Services (JMS) o Kafka o Event Driven Architectures • Experience with caching technologies like Terracotta and Coherence. • Experience with continuous development and tools like Jenkins.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Overall Job Purpose: Responsible for the technical implementation of a project.
Deliver high quality development using diverse tools and systems including but not limited to:
• SOA (Rest/WSDL/XSD/XML)
• Spring (WS/IOC/Integration)
• Spring Batch
• Spring Cloud Data Flow
• Oracle Coherence
• Hadoop, Kafka, SolR, HBase, Spark Streaming, Scala • Multi-tiered infrastructure including load balancers, databases, apache, application servers etc.
Strong understanding of key initiatives including:
• Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban).
• "DevOps” including continuous deployment.
• TDD – Test driven development
Work across multiple phases of software development within a project as a team member or dealing with the most technically challenging assignments. This includes:
• Working directly with business areas to clarify detailed technical requirements.
• Designing, coding and unit testing the most complex software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation.
• Providing technical support to business analyst/project managers and coaching to less experienced staff across a geographically dispersed teams • Maintaining an expert level awareness of relevant software design techniques, development tools and processes, providing leadership in the use of these across the organisation area.
• Assist in periodic system evaluation to identify opportunities for continuous improvement Key Accountabilities & approximate time split (%) Technical Knowledge • Can describe the overall function of several components in the technical platform • Demonstrated very strong level of technical expertise both within own area of responsibility and other IT domains • Has comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases • 10+ years of experience designing and implementing end-to-end solution architectures for large and complex systems. Extensive experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), systems design, development, integration and executing n-Tier applications • 8+ years of software development experience on a J2EE platform • 8+ years of software development experience in standard J2EE frameworks that include Spring and HibernateAdditional Preferred Skills:
• Experience using build technologies like Maven • Experience with Big Data. Hadoop, Machine Learning, Deep Learning General • Ensure all SLA's are met for assigned tasks.
• Perform on-call support and pager duties as assigned by Team lead.
• Report over or under allocation to the Team lead, forecast work remaining, identify and communicate variance to plan.
• Ensuring smooth transition of application into production Software Design, Programming and Unit Testing • Designing software modifications from supplied requirements and design specifications using agreed standards and tools, achieving well-engineered results that follow the agreed implementation level software architecturesProject Description:
• Taking responsibility for the design, coding, testing, and documentation (as defined by the SDLC process) of particularly large, complex or mission critical software programs.
• Proposing options and preparing cost estimates to enable the business area to make informed decisions • Adhere to all BCUS and BTG standards, Policies and governance practices.
• Assume ownership of various initiatives across Solutions Delivery and/or BTG as agreed with Team Lead for complete and successful delivery.
• Provide functional expertise within his/her skills to assist delivery team members, and foster collaboration with in BTG.
• Provide issue response and root cause analysis on work assigned by Team Lead and Project Lead.
• Planning, designing and conducting Unit and System Integration Tests, correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product.
• Reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors and service problems, limiting downtime and resolving the problem during project handover.
• Report progress, delays and risks on assigned activities to Project Lead and Team Lead.
• Raise awareness when existing code, systems or processes do not meet current quality expectations and standards.
• Maintain code and all related artifacts in source control; perform code merges and resolve conflicts as defined by development process, update documentation and automated tests.
• Develop code, configuration files, build scripts, schemas or other artifacts as assigned by Team Lead.
• Develop system integration test to verify the code running in its functional environment.
• Work with the Project Lead and Team Lead to schedule features into Releases.
• Create implementation plans and Change Management Requests as assigned.
• Maintain accurate feature status during development by the agreed upon SLA.
• Verify build and deployment completeness of the features owned in the QA environment before making it available for Testing.
• Review the feature requirements as presented by the Business Analyst and the delivery team, in context of the overall project feature set and existing implementation. Translate requirements to technical concepts.
• Contribute to the logical/physical data models, class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and UI prototypes.
• Assist QA and production testing and deployment; assume ownership of the work until it passes successful Production Verification Test.
• Test all code, content, build and unit test changes in the lowest environments first, if such environments exist.
• Taking part in reviews of own work and leading reviews of colleagues' work.
• Maintaining an expert understanding of software delivery process and of technology developments relevant to own team(s)/softwarePhysical Environment and Working Conditions:
• Ability to work on site in Wilmington, DE
• Must be able to demonstrate high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
Apply by creating/using an account