Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Libertyville, IL
Duration: 12+ months (Long-term, no end date)
Job Title: Network Engineer
Target Rate: $50-$55/hour C2C (Less than 10 years of experience) OR $60-$65/hour C2C (More than 10 years of experience)
Long term contract
Will consider H1B visas for corp to corp
Face to face interview is strongly preferred but will also consider web/Skype interviews
***MUST HAVE: Cisco ASA, ability to packet capture and decode the capture, strong F5 load balancing, strong scripting, automation, Cloud experience, and ACI***
Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles. ACI delivers software flexibility with the scalability of hardware performance.
Notes from hiring manager: Really looking for a strong Cisco routing/switching person with Cisco Nexus switch experience and MPLS Data Circuits. It is important and a huge plus is if they have F5 LTM (load balancer) and scripting experience for it. (used to be called Big IP)
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience but they really want an 8+ year person and really doesn't want job hoppers.
If they have CISCO Client, that would be a huge plus because eventually they are migrating from to Cisco Client.
RSA Secure ID
WIPS/WIDS (wireless protection and detection)
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Resource management
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
• Experienced with Layer 2/3 switches, routers, VPN, Load Balancers wireless, CSU/DSU's, Firewalls, Network management utilities and TCP/IP packet analysis
• Experienced on voice and VoIP solutions
• Experienced with data and voice technologies/protocols such as TCP/IP, DSL, VPN, Ethernet, T1, T3, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, Fiber/Copper Cabling
• Proficient experience using MS office products
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong end user customer support
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills Cisco and other related technical certifications
• The Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing a high level of technical and/or project management expertise to ensure network and telecommunications technology aids in the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. In this position, the incumbent evaluates voice and data technologies as well as carrier services. This role plays an integral part in the development and implementation of systems, with significant exposure to users and interfaces regularly with outside vendors. This individual must possess strong project management skills and is able to maintain a high level of user trust and confidence. The Network Infrastructure Engineer must have a proven track record of working in a team environment and effectively interfacing with management. The Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, planning, implementations and management of the data and voice technologies. In addition, research and recommend new technologies to enhance business processes.
• Provide second/third level support for network and escalates with carrier and/or hardware/software vendors.
• Manage data/voice systems used throughout the enterprise.
• Ensures service levels are consistent with current business needs, and plans accordingly for future business requirements.
• Ensure the control, reliability, and performance of all network/telecommunications systems including the effective use of voice over IP technologies.
• Track Monitor the overall integrity of the network and telecommunications architecture.
• Prioritize schedule and monitor assigned technical projects, developing and maintaining comprehensive project plans/schedules, while using the same methodology to provide senior management with accurate and complete status information.
• Provide teammates with assistance, and mentoring (where applicable) to help promote, further educate, and enhance knowledge of the colleagues within the Network/Telecom team.
• Act as mentor to junior network/ telecom support staff.
• Design, structure, and manage multiple diverse projects related to data and IP voice systems.
• Perform installation, evaluation and performance of various vendor products and enhancements. Maintains state the of art knowledge on network technology.
• Research/assess available network/telecommunications technologies in relation to the enterprise's current and future needs.
Apply by creating/using account