Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PLEASE READ JOB DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY
MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW IN PERSON IN LIBERTYVILLE, IL. NO HIRES WILL BE MADE FROM SKYPE, WEB, OR PHONE INTERVIEWS!
MUST HAVE BOTH SQL SERVER AND MYSQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE!! Must also have some BizTalk exposure as well!
Client: Volkswagon Credit
Location: Libertyville, IL
Duration: 6-12+ month Contract to Hire
Job Title: SQL Server/MySQL Database Administrator (Contract to Hire)
Target Rate: If the candidate has less than 10 years of experience, they are an intermediate level and the C2C rate is $50-$62/hour. 10+ years of experience is senior level and the C2C rate is $60-$72/hour.
Interview Mode: Phone + Face to Face, In-person (NO EXCEPTIONS)
I will consider out of state candidates BUT THEY MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW IN PERSON AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE!!!
SQL Server /My SQL Database Administrator
Contract to Hire (No visa transfers or sponsorship available. No OPT/EAD candidates please!)
MUST Interview in Person (No exceptions)
Minimum years of experience needed
• 7 - 12 years
• Required Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills: General skills needed to perform the job
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Problem solving
Specialized Skills: Knowledge or certifications unique to this role
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
• Experience with Database Administration for MY SQL Server
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in BizTalk DB's administration
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
• Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications
• Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments
• Must be good team player
• Technically enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude is required
• Ability to work unsupervised in a multi-task environment
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
The Database Administrator plays a major role in the design, installation, creation, documentation, and enhancement of databases and the associated applications. This Position requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of database concepts/technologies, as well as experience in administering MS-SQL databases.
Operational Work 90%
Largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization.
• Perform general database administration duties. This includes database cloning, upgrades, migrations, patching, storage management, security & performance tuning.
• Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs,
• Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with support groups to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
• Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
• Participate in development, testing, and maintenance of application enhancements
• Monitor test results, and make appropriate recommendations
• Assist in overall system application documentation
• Responsible for continuing maintenance on assigned production systems
• Collaborate with other IT departments to ensure successful deployment and support of applications
• Follow departmental standards and guideline
• Research and recommend optimal database design criteria
• Create, develop, review and support the physical model and logical model
Strategy Work: 10%
• Research new technology associated with database administration and make recommendations
• Standardize environment & Improve standards and procedures that support the company's database environment needs.
Apply by creating/using account