Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America. RCM Technologies is looking for an Electrical Engineer, this is a contract position in Allentown, PA.
Our client is looking for an electrical engineer to act as the single point of contact for reviewing and approving 12kV customer point of contact and 12kV independent power producer relay requirements for the connection of their facilities to the client's distribution.
- Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience with distribution relaying associated with high voltage switch gear and generation: e.g. rotating machines, solar inverters, etc.
- Ability to read a write English fluently. The successful candidate will be required to interface with our client's customers on occasion as well as several of their departments.
- Ability to read and understand customer engineering schematics detailing the relaying and control schemes for their point of contact or generator interconnect.
- Ability to provide feedback to their customers regarding their specific application and whether it meets the client's requirements.
- Basic understanding of a typical 12kV distribution system and fundamentals of distribution protection
- Must have firm understanding of Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of AutoCAD (no drafting is expected).
- Professional Engineer license (Pennsylvania preferred but not required)
- Experience with system protection and control for distribution systems, particularly around relay control schemes and system protection for interconnect applications.
Description of Work:
The successful applicant will be in charge of reviewing all 12kV customer point of contact relaying for both load customers and generation customers. The applicant will be working closely with our client's Planning group, Protection Settings group, the Key Account Managers, and the local Engineering Manager to ensure a customer's relaying conforms to the client's requirements. The applicant will also be responsible for any updates needed by client's interconnection requirements. It is expected that the applicant will have some contact with their customers, so she/he must be able to reflect their values and professionalism. Typically, the applicant will have about a dozen projects in various stages of review at any given time. The applicant will be responsible for completing documentation for key performance indicators regarding the customer reviews.
Given the cyclical nature of customer reviews, the successful applicant may also be given assignments supporting design work associated with our Client's 350+ distribution substations. Generally speaking, this work will be to act as a Lead Responsible Engineer for smaller substation projects. This work includes the development of a scope document, working with a contract engineering firm to develop engineering drawings, reviewing contractor supplied drawings, issuing drawings to the field, and ordering long lead materials. This work will include things like; 12kV breaker replacements, 69-12kV transformer replacements, 12kV relaying upgrades, etc.
Skills / Experience:
Ideal: Relaying or Protection & Control @ Substation experience.
Former Utility worker with Substation experience OR Former Industrial Electrical Designer for electric utility company.
Top Critical Skills:
Experience reviewing schematics 12kv.
Experience reviewing control schematics 12kv Customer Switch Gear.
Excellent English communication & writing skills - as they will be corresponding with clients weekly.
Has performed work that interfaces with Electric Utility Companies.
Other Desirable Skills:
SCADA experience Required.
Understanding of AutoCAD required (but they will not be drafting).
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
Nice to Have:
Professional Engineering License (in PA).
System Protection & Control for Distribution Systems.
Electrical Engineering Degree preferred but not required.
RCM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications and business need
Apply by creating/using an account