Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
At HERE Open Location Platform (OLP), we are on a mission to build a state-of-the-art, highly scalable real-time streaming and batch processing platform. Our AWS-based platform enables customers to source dynamic content from connected cars and IOT devices, and to research, develop and deploy their own applications in our cloud utilizing an extensive portfolio of HERE location-based services and mapping repositories.
We are seeking talented Sr. Software Engineers with a passion for technology and developing great software to join our OLP Customer Solutions team.
• Attend the team Stand-ups and share what was accomplished yesterday and planned for today. Discuss the design/implementation approach of new features and negotiate acceptance criteria.
• Write clean, efficient code implementing new Platform features, and deploy and validate your solution. Participate in code peer reviews, respond to yours, and mentor fellow team members.
• Learn and become an expert in our HERE domain, the OLP code base and services. As an OLP expert, provide feedback and guidance to peer development teams in HERE, as well as OLP Customers world-wide over the phone and onsite.
• Develop reference implementations demonstrating the best practices in regards to all aspects of the OLP platform.
• Smart – We are looking for someone who understands how to take requirements and apply your experience and creativity to develop solutions that can be used by our customers to learn how to best use our Platform.
• Team Player –Our teams are highly collaborative. You believe that a team can accomplish more than one person working alone and continuous improvement is key to a team’s success. In addition to coding with your team, you will work with HERE Product Management to finalize the requirements, OLP Architects/Dev Teams on systems design, and HERE Customers to understand and assist in engineering their solutions on our Platform.
• Driven – Figure it out! Creating and delivering valuable solutions is your top priority. You know your code will work because you understand the HERE domain, our OLP Platform, and are applying the best engineering practices to realize solutions.
• Adaptable – Our OLP Platform continues to evolve. You will be a key contributor to this journey - using your experience to influence product direction and deliver quality solutions.
• Expert coding skills in and passionate about Java (a must) and Scala (highly preferred). Python and other scripting languages a big plus.
• Experienced in developing highly scalable, real-time streaming and batch processing systems (CEP and technologies such as Fink, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
• Unix/Linux expert that has worked in AWS with EC2/ECS, S3, ELB, SNS/SQS, CloudWatch, etc.
• Experienced with TDD and BDD using JUnit and JBehave/Cucumber.
• Worked with CI/CD processes and tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, GoCD.
• Familiar with Agile, KANBAN and SCRUM.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or similar.
• 7+ years of Software Engineering experience.
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver.
• Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements).
• Willing to mentor and work with internal and external OLP Platform Customers.
• Some travel required.
Apply by creating/using account