Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Cloud Database Administrator
our client Cloud is releasing a new Database offering. In anticipation of an influx of customer demand, we are looking for engineers and database administrators to sit with engineering team to get familiar with the system and learn how to problem solve customer questions related to onboarding and usage. Once familiar with the system, these engineers/DBAs will be vital for scaling our customer interactions, writing best practice documentation and training our Cloud support teams (aka train the trainer). This individual must be able to quickly learn new systems and guide and direct customers on the new system. Experience with using SQL (relational) databases and OLTP workloads is critical.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist our client Cloud with launch and support of new database offering.
- Help customers optimize schemas and SQL queries
- Help answer customer questions around operating GCP managed SQL Databases & creating FAQs
- Create learning & best practice docs, scale training of customer support teams.
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data backup, and recovery specifications.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reads and critiques documentation from the perspective of a potential customer
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Database Management or Mathematics
- 2-3 years of experience working in a Database Administrator role or application engineer role
- 2-3 years of experience working with SQL & optimizing queries for OLTP workloads
- 1-2 years experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of Customer Interface experience, ideally with a consultative platform
- Superior communication skills to interface with internal and external customers and cross function teams
- Written communications to be able to assist documentation of best practices, migration collateral, benchmarking
Nice to have Skills:
- Database Performance Tuning,
- Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement,
- Problem Solving,
- Presenting Technical Information,
- Quality Focus,
- Database Management,
- Data Maintenance,
- Operating Systems,
- Attention to Detail,
- Information Security Policies,
- Experience with SQL Server, or Oracle,
- Experience with No-SQL systems such as BigTable, HBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra
Apply by creating/using account
For all W2 Contract positions, no C2C is allowed. Please respond only if you are applying for position yourself and can be a direct employee of Intellipro Group Inc. *No Recruiters or C2C*