Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
- Gather requirements using elicitation techniques like brainstorming, requirement workshops, focus groups and others. This could include defining the marketing requirements including commercial models for Enterprise products propositions.
- Ensure all requirements are traceable against the defined customer experience.
- Analyze and interpret requirements for their viability against the business objective to ensure the solution is met
- Document requirements by crafting use cases, functional and requirement specifications documents. Categorize requirements as functional (contains the features required by the end-users), non-functional (requirements for the performance and usability of the project) operational (operations that are carried out in the background) and technical and accordingly segregate them in different types of documents.
Manage and prioritize requirements by partnering with the business owners to ensure the right requirements are included by considering the scope and schedule of projects.
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis to support the feasibility of the proposed solutions. In such analysis, a comparison is made between the money that is being spent on a project and the benefits obtained from it. Study the cost-benefit analysis and figure out whether a project will be profitable before committing any time and resources for it.
- Gain requirements sign-off from the key stakeholders by making sure all of them are on the same level of understanding against the requirements and obtain written approval on the requirements to be developed. Most projects follow a traditional lifecycle and the Business Analyst may be tasked with building business, stakeholder and / or system requirements as well as business and / or system use cases.
- Serve as the Requirement Gatekeeper and validate any new requirement for their effect and impact on the existing requirement set of the project.
- Manage requirements across the project lifecycle, to ensure high quality solutions are delivered, in line with the business needs and customer's standards.
- Support and maintain the requirements repository and provide reporting relating to quality or requirements, traceability and re-usability.
- Support the design team in understanding the requirements.
- Work independently but in frequent communication with teams located across the enterprise -the business owners, partners, sponsors and the project managers, Requirements Team and ePMO. May also be involved in the change control board.
- Interact directly with the larger ePMO Team to communicate status and other relevant information. In addition to developing requirements work products, the Business Analyst may be tasked with providing oversight to requirements work of other contractors / vendors on projects.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing technical requirements/specifications, deep understanding of various requirements capture methodologies, documentation standards, and software implementation and test processes including Agile.
- 3 to 5 years of experience building functional and non-functional written requirements utilizing business process diagrams, use cases, user stories and interviews, ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language and vice versa
- 2 to 3 years of experience facilitating User acceptance and conducting Integrated systems testing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Business Analysis and Requirements Writing
- Familiarity with Communication Plans and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
Strong spoken and written and communication skills and strong analytical skills to assess process gaps and recommend best practice solutions
- Elicitation and interviewing skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Group facilitation and observational skills
- Process modeling skills
- Interpersonal skills including ability to work in independently within a team structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to improve efficiency by handling time workload and to work independently in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Office Visio
- Ability to travel on occasion to other offices and locations
Apply by creating/using account