Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Contributes to the achievement of financial and business objectives through accurate and timely reporting of revenue and costs for assigned portfolio of projects. Works cross-functionally with operations,contracts and proposals, and finance throughout the project lifecycle.
• Administers the daily financial management of project portfolio consisting of single service contracts and/or tactical accounts.
• Identifies issues related to contract modifications, contract values, and contract deliverables.
• Performs analysis of budget to actual data on monthly, quarterly, and annual
bases and for revenue calculations and forecasting.
• Analyzes cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards.
• Performs regular profitability and cash flow analysis on assigned projects.
• Performs reconciliations of costs and revenues recognized for assigned projects.
• Tracks and maintains project information and budgets within the project accounting system.
• Coordinates with support staff to ensure sponsors are invoiced in a timely and accurate manner.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance preferred
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 + years') or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
• Ability to be analytical and handle data effectively
• Confidence to handle sensitive information and make sound recommendations
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
• Good analytical and quantitative skills and ability to handle data effectively
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and project administration skills
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
• Solid understanding of accounting/financial principles and regulations/legal requirements
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
• Long, varied hours may be required.
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Frequent mobility required.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
Apply by creating/using account