Responsibilities Describe the main responsibilities and tasks related to the position. This description has to be detailed and provide a full overview off the overall responsibility the person in this job function has to fulfill
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Technical Lead of the Improvements & Options function for delivering robust engineering solutions and field support related to the in-service operation of Cold Climate engineering products. The role will be to support the Technical Lead in a dynamic environment together with hands-on engineering attitude to improve on complex multi-disciplinary products involving mechanical, aerodynamic, electrical, and electronics design.
The role will be supported by the Cold Climate Engineers so will be primarily focused on the improvements and development of robust design solutions that enable trouble free operation of the product over the life time of the wind turbine. The candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of tasks related to the mechanical systems aspects of the turbine system. Specifically, the job requires the following:
* Providing mechanical design capability from concept creation and work package scoping to completed design documentation and deployment based on functional requirements and specification documents for product modules.
* Ensure robust integration of Cold Climate system hardware into the wind turbine, through co-development and design activities such as (hand calculations, FEA, drawings, prototyping, verification and validation testing etc.) by adhering to the functional requirements and specification documents for product modules.
* Evaluation of effects of environments (temperature, humidity, vibration, contamination etc.).
* Assembly, Fit, Reliability and Maintainability - Control Strategy & Mapping.
* Improving the existing products for their full life cycle (design lifetime, manufacturability, service and maintenance).
* Field support experience including Fault-finding and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of electro-mechanical systems and implementation of field repairs.
* Perform fleet operational monitoring.
Education and work experience (use internationally recognized terms for education)
A relevant Master's or Bachelor's degree (Preferably Mechanical, Electrical & Aeronautical engineering)
Min. 8 Years working experience which includes 4-5+ years of relevant work experience with proven technical leadership of complex multi-disciplinary projects.
Competencies Under Personal Skills please consider which behavior will support the Vestas values: Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability in this specific position
Professional skills: e.g. Prince 2 certified
Personal skills: e.g. High degree of flexibility, problem solving-oriented
Computer skills: e.g. .net programming skills
- Experience/ Participation in developing and integrating systems onto structures.
- Design and development capabilities in mechanical/ large systems.
- Experience of engineering best practice and design methodologies e.g. Six Sigma
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills with both internal and external teams
- Effective verbal and written communication with strong influencing skills
- Experience in working in an intrapreneurial, market- and innovation-driven environment
- Ability to work remotely from other members of the team and stakeholders spread across continents.