Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a contract opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Project Manager
Sr. Project Management Scope
Our client is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to project manage the configuration/customization and implementation of a vendor hosted Electronic Health Record (EHR). This is an ongoing project having an anticipated end date of December 31, 2018. The Project Manager will be responsible as follows:
· Has accountability, responsibility and authority for the project
· Responsible for project success
· Creates the project plan
· Manages the project team
· Advocates with the project sponsor
· Secures approval and acceptance
Duties will include:
· Communication of updates/questions/issues from the vendor to the Project Team for review and decision-making;
· Identification of key dependencies, gaps, overlaps, and areas for efficiency for the project; framing of key decisions, issues, and risks for the Project Team through verbal updates and presentations;
· Management of action item registries and issue/risk logs;
· Management of meeting minutes;
· Development of an external partner engagement strategy and implementing this strategy over the course of the project;
· Development of a communications plan, meeting strategy, and integrating stakeholder related milestones/deliverables into the overall project plan;
· Monitoring progress of the vendor against the project plan, identifying issues/risks/questions and escalating to the Project Managers as appropriate;
· Develop documentation and get approvals for all Change Requests;
· Oversight of project activities including: requirements definition, deliverable reviews, user acceptance testing, and training.
· Provide a weekly Status Report to the client Project Sponsor and the ITS and Project Managers. These reports will follow the Disabilities & Aging Cluster's (DAC) status report format, with supporting documents provided as appropriate. These reports will include the following information:
o Activities accomplished in current period
o Activities planned for next period
· At least eight (8) years of experience leading information technology projects. At least four (4) years of that experience must be working with NYS entities using the EPMO Project Management Guidelines. The (4) years of experience must be within the last (5) five years. Preference will be given to candidates having NYS agency experience with an EHR or EMR project manager role.
· Minimum 60 months documenting Project Plans (business case, charter, scope, communications plan, schedule, risk management plan, issue log).
· Minimum 48 months assisting with and facilitating communications, which requires the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Minimum 48 months experience in conducting focus groups, individual interviews, or other techniques for requirements elicitation; determining and documenting business, technical and data requirements; and developing business rules and business process models.
· Minimum 48 months of experience in managing multiple large, complex IT projects defined primarily as those with the following characteristics: budget over $500,000, duration over
12 months, vendor lead application development/customization, and deployment to geographically diverse end users.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Apply by creating/using account