Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time direct-hire opportunity with our client in Manhattan, NY for a FMS Agency Team Member
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) maintains and supports the Financial Management System (FMS) for the City of New York under the direction of the Mayor and the Comptroller. Approximately $100 billion dollars in transactions are processed by FMS annually.
The FISA Agency Communication and Training Team (FACT) supports City agencies' use of the accounting, procurement and budgeting functions of FMS. The FACT Team Manger directs this team of business analysts and is the primary liaison between FISA and City agencies.
The FACT Team Manger's responsibilities include:
• Issue resolution, escalation and business support for City Agencies using FMS
• Create end-user communication materials, including bulletins, user guides, and other written and online materials that explain existing or future system functionality
• Development and maintenance of FMS training materials on the FISA Application Portal
• Analysis, implementation and support of data interfaces between FMS and agency systems
• FACT Team supervision, motivation and development of policies and procedures
• Serve as a subject matter expert of the functionality of FMS Accounting, Procurement and Budgeting
• Manage the workload of the team by assigning tasks, prioritizing workload and monitoring status
• Ensure that standard processes are used by the team for business event documentation, ad-hoc reporting, requirements definition and functional designs
• Ensure cooperative and efficient relationship between FISA and City Agencies
The Fact Team Manager is responsible for the management and activities of a team of business analysts, including:
• Communicate requirements for the implementation of new functionality and provide workshop and written material that explains system functionality
• Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for content of eLearning and other courseware training materials and then author course training materials
• Serve as a liaison between FISA and City agencies, ensuring agency concerns and issues are handled professionally and expediently
• Coordinate/manage Inbound and Outbound FMS Interface initiatives with interfacing agencies. Serve as primary contact for FMS interface issues/questions and participate in functional testing with the interfacing agencies
• Identify and communicate agency concerns and issues to the management and determine how they should be addressed
• Plan, track and report status of agency activities related to the implementation of accounting, budgeting and procurement functionalities
• Write announcements and other agency communications
• Provide assistance, direction and follow up activities for oversight and line agencies in completing functions for accounting and budgeting business events conducted throughout the year
• Investigate software issues reported by the Level end user support or escalated by the Mayor's or Comptroller's office
• Analyze and document business requirements and non-functional requirements of proposed software solutions. Typical solutions come in the form of: new reports, enhancements to existing reports, data fixes, mass data changes (as a substitute for large manual data entry efforts)
• Occasional travel to agencies within the five NYC boroughs is required during business hours
The manager of the team may be expected to perform the above tasks as necessary during peak periods of activity.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Apply by creating/using account