Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time direct-hire opportunity with our client in Manhattan, NY for a Senior Business Analyst
Our client is seeking a senior business analyst to support and enhance the Debt Management System (DMS). This application serves as the repository of information related to the bonds issued by the client. The candidate will interface with high level managers and fixed income staff of various financial institutions. Under the direction of the DMS Team Lead and with wide latitude for the exercise of judgment and experience, this individual will support the following work efforts:
• Data Entry/Analysis: Complete deal entry for bonds issued by working closely with DMS team member (business analysts, developers, and database administrators) as well as business stakeholders to determine best strategic & tactical approaches. Perform data analysis as necessary to facilitate data upload. Define and author requirements for data fix during and post deal entry. Test and implement data fixes. Obtain sign-off from business owners and ensure deal entry completes accurately in production within the prescribed timeframe.
• New Business Requirements: Work with user to define requirements and provide best class solutions. Document specifications and walk through requirements for the development team. Incorporate internal/external feedback and be able to finalize requirement documents in a timely manner. Guide users through requirement gathering process and obtain user approval.
• Testing: Author functional/regression test scripts. Execute test scripts and document test results. Work with developers to resolve defects. Assist business owners with User Acceptance testing efforts if needed.
• Support: Work with users to identify and resolve issues with current deployment of DMS. Such issues include, but are not limited to; data calculations, system processing logic, application connectivity and login credentials, etc.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1 " above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1 " above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1 ", "2 " or "3 " above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1 " above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1 " above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Apply by creating/using account