Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for following requirements, support of implementation efforts, and ensuring quality of technology based deliverables for the internal/external Linux/Unix systems. The individual will work closely with the Senior IT Security Architect to help design solutions to achieve the assigned goals. The individual will also be responsible for implementing changes, verifying the quality of deliverables through documented testing, and migration of changes to the production environment.
* Responsible for support of the enterprise IT security stance following ISM policies.
* Works with senior team members to develop and implement best practices as it relates to Unix/Linux environments
* Obtain required data for support of metrics related to information security platforms and tools.
* Remain current on regulatory requirements, industry standards, architectural frameworks, best practices and technologies.
* Follow project management and SDLC disciplines to insure structured and effective implementations
* Educate subject matter experts on holistic, risk appropriate security controls.
* Perform security-related research and development activities as required.
* Participate in security compliance reviews and audits.
* Design, support and implementation of global security architecture.
* Execute and implement global IT security strategies.
* Working SME working on Strategic development
The preferred candidate would be current in the latest technology platforms across Unix & Linux environments, LDAP, Active Directory and should have hands on development within these areas.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3-5 years experience on Linux/Unix Platforms development and/or support.
- Knowledge of security administration technology, tools, platforms and data retrieval techniques
- Hands-on Experience with Solaris Enterprise hardware and software.
- Experience with OS installation, configuration, upgrades, securities, and file system management.
- Experience with UNIX & Linux utilities.
- Experience with system back-up and recovery and disaster recovery.
- Experience with web and RDBMS technologies.
- Understanding of AD integration with all Unix/Linux platforms and be able to implement same.
- Familiarity with Windows OS, iOS, Andrioid, Linux
- Ability to write and use OS scripts to obtain and maintain Unix systems as well as remediate security related issues.
- Experience with standard desktop tools, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship and people management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
Pluses (beneficial, not required):
- Knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, WebLogic, etc), databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server), General IT Security Tools
- Experience with Financial Applications
- Experience with Entitlement Management Tools.
Apply by creating/using account