Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Detail Job Description:
Installs, configures and maintains organization's operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware, Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory. Detects, diagnoses, and reports Windows related problems on Windows server systems. Must be able to design, implement and support solutions based on the needs of the business and industry best practices. Performs a wide variety of tasks in software/hardware maintenance and operational support of Windows Server systems including but not limited to, MS Exchange, Active Directory, File and Print, FTP, Web and various application servers. This person will be responsible for the daily monitoring of the Windows, VMware and Exchange environments event & backup logs, working with problem tickets and escalation to the appropriate internal and/or external parties..
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage & lead infrastructure projects
• Monitors and Executes Backups across various platforms
• Creates reports in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager for server capacity planning
• Performance tuning as well as ensuring the availability of systems
• Maintain consistent availability for responsible systems (Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Server 2008, VMware VSphere ESX/ESXi or other defined operating systems/applications).
• Maintenance and upkeep of Active Directory structure
• Creates and executes packages and applications within Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
• Work with system tuning, monitoring, packaging, implementing, maintaining OS software (firmware upgrades, service packs, data updates).
• Manage configurations, implementation, and maintenance of hardware (servers, network printers, and other related peripherals).
• Answer off hour support pages consistently within 30 minutes and responds within one hour when on call ensuring the smooth operations and achieving overall efficiency of the Windows Server environment
• Evaluation of new technologies & tools, testing & installation of new Windows Server systems hardware & software, and to assist to establish and maintain technical standards, policies & procedures.
• Collecting, monitoring and analyzing systems performance data for improved performance of the Window servers
• Troubleshooting of Windows systems & applications.
• Administration of Windows Server's systems and user accounts
• Supervisory Responsibilities:
o There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/IT related discipline
• Minimum 8 years of working experience as a Windows Servers administrator or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Microsoft Certification preferred.
• ITIL Certification preferred
• Strong PowerShell scripting skills with a specialization in one or more modules (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, PowerCLI (vSphere), ...)
• Eight or more year's business work experience with Windows Server Operating Systems, specifically Windows 2003/2008 and a strong background in Active Directory.
• Server Hardware configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
• Software packaging, installation, maintenance experience.
• Familiarity with ITIL processes
• Development of test cases/procedures and training documentation.
• Strong TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and SMTP knowledge
• Command line and remote administration.
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
• 5 or more years' experience in messaging and server configuration, DNS, TCP/IP and routing or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be well versed in dealing with staff that is both technical and non-technical
• Candidate should be familiar with Remote Desktop Software, VPN, and well versed in RFC 821/822.
• Ability to organize and work on multiple projects concurrently, often under strict time constraints.
• Must be able to effectively multi-task. Highly detailed oriented.
Apply by creating/using account