Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Oversee the 24/7/365 day-to-day operations of Sirius XM's distributed UNIX server infrastructure management team with overall responsibility for all UNIX/Linux systems engineering, implementation and operational support. This position is the top level technical expert in UNIX/Linux systems engineering and operations within Information Technology. The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring that all UNIX computer systems are current, reliable, tuned and accessible in accordance with service level agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Linux engineering staff and vendors assigned to gather, analyze and report upon performance metrics and root cause analysis of any issues pertaining to any servers/peripherals assigned to team.
• Responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of work flow activities within our Service Support and Delivery Architecture.
• Responsible for the accounting of logical and physical architecture which involve enterprise servers, large scale SAN storage, backups, systems security, configurations, manageability, automata, and operations.
• Responsible for process management (understanding, documenting and maintaining processes) within the day to day UNIX Operations area.
• Work with outside teams in the development of a comprehensive set of operational security policies and standards designed to permit the organization to achieve its business objectives while effectively managing our security and compliance requirements of meeting PCI and SOX goals.
• Conduct architectural reviews of SiriusXM technology infrastructure throughout its lifecycle to insure that best practices are maintained.
• Develop reference architectures for infrastructure service delivery or Servers, Storage, Server Processing, Transaction Processing.
• Analyze, develop and deploy processes for operations, configuration, asset, development, and project management.
• Develop standards for enterprise applications/integration development and hosting across the corporation, including recommendations on development standards and approaches, security, automation, content management, configuration control, testing, rollout, and training.
• Lead the effort to design, implement and operationalize SiriusXM commodity Technology Management Architecture, including product selection, negotiation, implementation and documentation.
• Enforce the overall architecture of various technology infrastructure projects Develop, recommend and implement a security scheme to protect our corporate information assets, as well as being a participant in disaster recovery planning.
• Provide recommendations where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new guidelines need to be developed.
• Other duties as required.
• This position supervises a team of engineering and operational engineers across SiriusXM sites in DC and NYC.
• BS in Technology Management or related field.
• 10 years experience with hands-on UNIX/Linux engineering.
• 5 years experience in management positions, including leading technical teams.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Twelve or more years of technology, design, implementation and support experience is required for this position.
• Four years experience as a team lead or manager of a Linux Engineering group is required.
• Experience operating within a large complex server and application environment with greater than 200 servers under management.
• Working knowledge of ITIL, ISO, and IT audit frameworks.
• Proven results as a lead Implementation Manager.
• Ability to draw up requirements for drafting multi-tiered SLAs (both internal and 3rd party support).
• Interfaces well with others, including executives.
• Work independently with little management oversight.
• Experience implementing process quality metrics programs for infrastructure engineering and operations groups.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Expert level knowledge in Unix/Linux and Related Services, including:Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5,6,7.
• High-Availability (Red Hat Cluster Services, Global File System).
• Configuration Management (e.g. Red Hat Satellite Server, Chef, Puppet).
• Web Server Support (Apache, Tomcat, NGINX).
• Experience managing servers supporting databases (preferably Oracle and Oracle RAC).
• Extensive monitoring and troubleshooting experience using native tools and monitoring systems (both OpenSource and vendor supplied tools).
• Experience managing bare-metal and virtualized servers.
Apply by creating/using account