Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Scrum Master/Agile PM's job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for managing the entire project life-cycle from planning, to leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. Accountable for meeting agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality measures and preparation of documentation, status reports and budgets as well. In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. The APM may play a few different roles in actual practice including the role of Scrum Master.
As the Scrum Master this person will need to be the driving force for ensuring scrum is understood and enacted. Working in close collaboration with the Development Team Leader, they will be responsible for coaching the development team to self-organize and create high-value products and remove impediments to the Development Teams' progress. Facilitate daily stand-ups and supporting the team in following the Scrum delivery process.
In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach they will need to be able to use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
This role will also be expected to take on additional responsibilities beyond the scope of their immediate job, to be agreed upon on an individual basis.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members. Run daily, weekly and monthly agile rituals efficiently and strictly
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Process Management and Improvement –champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management. Implement structure changes and strategies that are generated by scrum retrospectives
• Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile, Scrum and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies and Scrum Framework
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies at least 2 years
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA and offshore Personnel
• Ability to provide leadership and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required
• PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO or equivalent required
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
• Proven ability in coaching the project team as appropriate and according to the needs of the individual project.
• Practical understanding of how to scope and estimate work
• Practical understanding of how to author user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Successful track record in ensuring that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices and rules
• Successful track record in working with technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise.
• Ability to remove impediments allowing the team to focus on engineering tasks.
• Take the lead on resolving conflicts within the team removing any roadblocks to collaboration.
• Guide project team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum and sprint review meetings. Facilitate retrospective discussions, support continuous improvement efforts.
• Limit the external interference the team must deal with.
• Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work.
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, or equivalent
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details
• Enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated with a focus on customer service
• Able to work independently, excellent personal organization and able to demonstrate consistently balanced good judgement and logical thought prioritization
Apply by creating/using an account