Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be immersed in the elements of network architecture, solution development, design, engineering, integration, operation, and escalation support of network services. The position will work with architecture, engineering, security, operational and application experts to develop, implement and maintain services, monitoring, reporting, tuning and new automation functionalities for comprehensive solutions that meet and/or exceed application requirements. Provides architecture & engineering support and request fulfillment associated with network infrastructure. Primary functions include analysis, design, engineering and implementation of WAN network infrastructure, establish Network architecture design to related systems to meet current, IP services and solutions and future business requirements. Provides guidance to Service Providers to modify and maintain existing WAN Architecture & Engineering, troubleshooting network issues, completion of project requests, oversee lifecycle management, capacity, health and performance management, continuous service improvement, business and technical analyses, reporting and project management. Supports WAN services and infrastructure in a SDN, SDDC and hybrid cloud environment and works efficiently with technology providers and other engineering, application, and operations teams.
Education and Experience
· 7+ years' experience in the implementation of network infrastructure and engineering solutions
· 5+ years' experience with implementing highly available Wide Area Networks (T-1, MPLS, VPN Tunnels), Local Area Network Handoffs (Switch Fabric, Ethernet, Copper, Fiber)
· 3+ years of experience in Network Management Tools such as NetQos, AppNeta, SolarWinds, NetMRI, InfoBlox IPAM, NetScout InfiniStream
· 3+ years of experience with troubleshooting tools including Wireshark, Netflow, tcpdump, and/or NetScout.
· Routing knowledge of IP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, SNMP, DHCP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, VLAN, VoIP, SIP and Cisco Identity Services Engine (Client).
· One of more Technical Certifications from Cisco, VMWare, Checkpoint, and F5
· Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
· Ability to work during non-business hours as needed and on-call rotations
· 5+ years' experience supporting highly available complex networks at an enterprise scale
· 2+ years' experience with public cloud providers (AWS & Azure) in an environment that utilize cloud PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS
· Knowledge of design and deployment of multi Data Center WAN networks, DMZ, Distribution and Core network architectures, firewalls, routers, switches, and layer 2 and 3 protocols
· Highly experienced delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
· Knowledge of web, mobile, and application delivery platforms, and cloud architectures.
· 2+ years' experience working in the services sourcing and/or ITO field is highly desirable.
· 3+ years knowledge of DNS (BIND, IPControl, Infoblox or similar)
· Experience in IT project management
· Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Provides oversight, management and maintenance of technology products and service alternatives that improve DMZ Network
· Works in a concerted effort with operational, application development and engineering teams to resolve complex issues
· Works closely with department leadership and service providers to support alignment of plans with solution delivery
· Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures for employees, contractors and vendor engagements
· Management of daily infrastructure operations to ensure availability SLA is met for network services
· Provides input into infrastructure lifecycle, improvement and standardization strategies
· Quantitative and qualitative analyses for operational availability to promote a zero-defect environment
· Leads/assists operational teams in network device updates & upgrades
· Provides on-going maintenance including updates and patches to network infrastructure
· Provides consultation for routine and complex network development
· Responsible for the establishment and continuous development of monitoring and alerting for all production environments
· Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
· Coordinates with Plan and Build teams for deployment and production support activities
· Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services with WAN Providers
· Provides subject matter expertise in their area of work.
· Provides and presents status, analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders, Executive Management and Senior Leadership
· Participates in the evaluation and selection of network products
· Participate in application and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and forecasting
· Develops and generates periodic utilization reports to provide visibility to performance, capacity, availability, OLA and SLA management
· Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery, operations and continual service improvement processes
· Drive the objectives associated with Problem Management; such as customer communication and Root Cause Analysis reports
· L3 analysis of reported outage events to determine potential impact on infrastructure
· Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
· Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate in advances in technology and technical process improvement
· Assists Level-1 & Level-2 internal/external personnel performing triage, diagnosis, resolution or escalation associated with network Infrastructure
· Participates in and suggests improvements to standards configuration, change management processes and practices
Service Provider Management
· Validates that Service Providers meet objectives for project schedules, deliverables, and operational metrics
· Review and validate service provider implementation plan for changes and outcomes
· Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
· Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact on clients
Apply by creating/using an account