Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure Architecture, the Infrastructure Architect will be accountable for translating solutions architectures into realized designs and deployments within the Client Cloud Platform. This role will work directly with Software Development Leads and Enterprise Architects to create technical architectures which represent the diverse, modern application stacks which make up the Client IT Portfolio. The Infrastructure Architect will also be responsible for the research, analysis, design, and implementation of deliverables related to applications and their dependencies, across all environment types within the Client IT Enterprise.
Eduation and Experience
• 10+ years of experience in the software industry
• 5+ years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure Architecture Design (consumer and/or creator of cloud services)
• 5+ years as a technology leader focusing on influencing integration and deployment activities
• 5+ years of experience running IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud solutions
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and technical troubleshooting
• Strong object-oriented design and development experience
• Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and database designs (e.g. data design and database infrastructure design)
• Expert knowledge of concurrency, scalability, and fault tolerant designs
• Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) standards and practices appropriate for Enterprise IT
• Experience with infrastructure security and networking and global networking as they apply to large-scale application deployments
• Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (e.g. MVC, Spring, and Hibernate)
• Experience with using various distributed caching solutions
• Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration, and build tools
• Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
• Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
• Familiarity building enterprise class front-end applications
• Familiarity building enterprise class back-end application services
• Familiarity building messaging, queuing and integration platform
• Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and/or Subversion
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent technical experience)
• Experience with designing, deploying, and maintaining applications deployed on a global scale
• Experience with contact centers
• Experience managing partner relationships and development efforts across multiple teams and areas of responsibility
• Experience managing and delivering upon functional and non-functional requirements as communicated through direct and indirect business and project development
• Experience deploying applications to Cloud IaaS and Cloud PaaS environments with IaC integration
• Experience using, implementing, and maintaining applications and platforms on cloud services such as:
o Amazon Web Services (AWS)
o Microsoft Azure
o Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining applications at a global scale
• Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience working with Docker Containers and Container CaaS/PaaS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BlueMix, OpenShift Enterprise, Docker Enterprise, Google Kubernetes) solutions
• Experience with Node.js and Java 8
• Experience working in a Cloud First and/or Cloud Native software development environment
• Experience deploying applications to OpenStack, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Experience in retail and/or hospitality industries
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Provides focus on how hybrid cloud services will be leveraged in the solutions development and deployment
• Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to facilitate alignment of plans with what is being delivered
• Defines Technical Infrastructure Architectures as they relate to Software Solutions Architectures and Initiatives within EA and Software Delivery Lifecycles (SDLCs)
• Institutes governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
• Implement security controls into technical architectures to accommodate appropriate data and workload security handling and requirements
• Leads analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
• Leads analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine the potential impact on the overall Infrastructure Architecture
• Supports Solution and Domain Architectures by providing architecture direction in terms of technology, software and infrastructure for projects in the SDLC
• Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture(s) to accommodate technical infrastructure needs
• Oversees the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work
• Defines, designs, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes, and practices.
• Collaborates with Project Managers and Site Reliability Engineers on the execution of technical architectures
• Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff
• Develops Frameworks and Blueprints which represent product sets which are reusable and extensible within the Client Cloud Platform
• Contributes to Infrastructure Automation practices and design to promote IaC development alongside technical architecture execution
• Delivers accurate and timely translations of solution architectures into deployment/technical architectures for Infrastructure Automation ingestion and execution
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
• Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns t
Apply by creating/using an account