Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Control Developer/Data Analyst in Business Intelligence department will be responsible for ensuring data is processed accurately per business requirements. If issues are identified, root cause analysis and data remediation need to be performed. A primary focus of this role will be to analyze Canada Marketing data to understand end-to-end data flow, analyze data anomalies and determine the root cause for the job failures, provide control requirements to control developers and work closely with development teams to avoid future failures.
Will be dealing with all aspects of our end to end data processing. The emphasis is on data completeness,validity, consistency, timeliness, accuracy and intra-system and inter-system data flow controls. Will participate in investigation, root cause identification and remediation of affected data/processes in BI.
Must have the ability to handle several task simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with BI architect and development teams to get better understanding of existing and new Canada marketing data and identify control points.
• Understand end-to-end data flow for Canada EDW and Marketing Data Mart from the operation support perspective.
• Research data anomalies in complex business systems, develop audit reports, provide reports and recommendations for correction of data, and develop business and technical processes to ensure data integrity.
• Provide data quality assurance through routine check-ups of pre-existing data fixes and audit reports.
• Identify control points and provide controls requirement to Infogix team.
• Provide Tier2 support for all Marketing BI jobs.
• Present concise status to senior management.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent education and experience
• 7+ years' experience in supporting a high-performance, cross-functional IT Data Operations team in multiple locations and time zones
Requirements and General Skills:
• Analytical and structured thinking, with a keen interest in how things work
• Superior writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Commitment to "internal client " and customer service principles
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Strong knowledge of Teradata, Informatica and UNIX is must
• Must have prior data analyst and control based data operations experience
• Excellent query writing skills and debugging failed Informatica workflows.
• Experience in Media & Entertainment industry a plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply by creating/using account