Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Oversee the 24/7/365 day-to-day operations of distributed Microsoft and VMware server
infrastructure engineering team with overall responsibility for all Microsoft and VMware systems
engineering, implementation and operational support. This position is the top level technical expert in
Microsoft and VMware systems engineering and operations within Information Technology. The
individual in this position is responsible for ensuring that all Microsoft computer systems are current,
reliable, tuned and accessible in accordance with service level agreements
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages Microsoft Windows and VMware Server Engineering and vendors assigned to gather,
analyze and report upon performance metrics and root cause analysis of any issues pertaining to
any servers/peripherals assigned to team.
• Responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of work flow activities within our
Service Support and Delivery Architecture.
• Responsible for the accounting of logical and physical architecture which involve enterprise
servers, large scale SAN storage, backups, systems security, configurations, manageability,
automata, and operations.
• Responsible for process management (understanding, documenting and maintaining processes)
within the day to day Microsoft Operations area.
• Work with outside teams in the development of a comprehensive set of operational security
policies and standards designed to permit the organization to achieve its business objectives while
effectively managing our security and compliance requirements of meeting PCI and SOX goals.
• Conduct architectural reviews of SiriusXM technology infrastructure throughout its lifecycle to
insure that best practices are maintained
• Development of reference architectures for infrastructure service delivery or Servers, Storage,
Server Processing, Transaction Processing.
• Analyze, develop and deploy processes for operations, configuration, asset, development, and
• Develop standards for enterprise applications/integration development and hosting across the
corporation, including recommendations on development standards and approaches, security,
automation, content management, configuration control, testing, rollout, and training.
• Lead the effort to design, implement and operationalize commodity Technology
Management Architecture, including product selection, negotiation, implementation and
• Enforce the overall architecture of various technology infrastructure projects Develop,
recommend and implement a security scheme to protect our corporate information assets, as well
as being a participant in disaster recovery planning.
• Provides recommendations where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new
guidelines need to be developed.
• Other duties as required.
• This position supervises a team of engineering and operational engineers across sites in
Washington D.C., NYC and Lawrenceville.
• BS in Technology Management or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and
• 8 - 10 years of experience with hands-on Microsoft and VMware engineering
• 3 - 5 years of experience in management positions, including leading technical teams
Requirements and General Skills:
• 8 or more year's experience in technology, design, implementation and management
experience is required for this position.
• Experience in the management of systems operations and maintenance departments for large
• Working knowledge of ITIL, ISO, and IT audit frameworks
• Proven results as a lead Implementation Manager
• Ability to draw up requirements for drafting multi-tiered SLAs (both internal and 3rd party
• Interfaces well with others, including executives
• Work independently with little management oversight
• Experience implementing process quality metrics programs for infrastructure engineering and
• Heavily detail oriented
• Ability to be available 24/7, as required, to support the availability and uptime requirements of
the business. Four years previous experience supporting a 24/7/365 environment,
• Ability to organize and work on multiple projects concurrently, often under strict time constraints
• Good public speaking and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
• Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
• Commitment to "internal client” and customer service principles
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
¿ Strong organizational skills and attention to details
¿ Creative writing ability
¿ Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under
shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
¿ Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• 8 + years of experience in Microsoft Systems Engineering, including Windows Server, Active
• 8 + years of experience in VMWare architecture, engineering and operations
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Apply by creating/using account