The ideal candidate should be able to independently assess the performance of individual IMS delivery engagements in US and make cost effective suggestions for improvement.
The Cloud Consulting and Implementation Architect is a client facing role in the project delivery cycle. This role will work closely with clients, partners and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful. The role is responsible for understanding the client's business needs and clearly translating the Statement of Work to the successful delivery of the Project. The candidate will be expected to work as part of a delivery team, working alongside overall project manager to deliver a successful cloud consulting engagement.
· Proven experience in cloud infrastructure Project deals
· Strong client facing skills and a good listener. Ability to push a point/right solution to different stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
· A strong background in end to end infrastructure technologies and architecture, ideally from more than one company
· Proven experience of delivering complex cloud Project engagements
· Risk management
· Able to help deliver Projects for transition and transformation strategies
· Ensuring plan execution and cloud consumption targets are met
· Business acumen to lead customer facing cloud Project engagements
· Good understanding of latest IT trends, hardware/software, and processes
· Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
· Strong presentation skills for use with senior stakeholders in external organisations
· Broad understanding of the technology providers in this space
· Facilitation of workshops and meetings to deliver Project scope, timelines/milestones and accomplished tasks
· Ability to put themselves in the client's shoes
He/She will report
· functionally to the Cloud Service Line Head & Global IMS Practice Head,
· Administratively to the Business Head US.
Technical expertise areas
The ideal candidate will possess in depth working knowledge in most of the following
· Overall 15+ Years of IT Infrastructure experience including 4 years as Technical Architect with focus on cloud technologies.
· Experience establishing a cloud strategy firm-wide
· Experience developing, architecting and implementing a firm-wide cloud strategy (AWS, Azure or similar)
· Experience of working with Public cloud provider solutions like AWS, Azure, Softlayer etc. including highly available and disaster recovery architectures.
· Experience with Infrastructure automation & DevOps scripting - Ansible, Shell, Python etc.
· Experience with Cloud Configuration management tools using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
· Ability to understand and rectify gaps and pain points across Infrastructure firm-wide
· Application analysis to determine readiness for the cloud
· Possess knowledge of PAAS concepts and understanding of Infrastructure platforms such as OpenStack, Cloud Foundry etc.
· Possess experience with container services like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with executives and business partners
· Ability to travel to client locations when needed
· Benchmarking: Independently prepare and implement a comprehensive plan for determining Cloud delivery efficiencies, including applicable efficiency parameters, comparison with industry benchmarks and application migration strategies
· Evaluation: Investigate areas of service transformation, deficiencies, make cost effective improvement suggestions, and follow up for execution and compliance
· Documentation: Review, critique and improve detailed documentation to be presented to customer, internal leadership and standards for Delivery organization
· Interfacing with other functions : Assist other functions like bid management, resource management and practice groups in the delivery of their responsibilities
· Team building and mentoring: Train, motivate, communicate and engage with all peers and delivery organizations and help people learn, grow and deliver to their peak capability
• Over 15 years IT Infrastructure experience –some of it in an IT leadership
· Experience working with large client organization and helping them to adopt Cloud as a Deliver, Technology and Business model
· AWS Architecture / Azure Architecture experience ideally with the appropriate vendor certification
· Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
· Networks including network security, VLANs, firewalling, etc.
· Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
• Very strong ability to focus on the big picture
• Very strong data oriented analytical and investigative skills,
• Very strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to show "thought leadership” in interactions with peers and clients
• Ability to show empathy, but be firm in his interactions with the people he interfaces with
• Ability to understand the practical aspects of technology quickly
• Should carry a can do, will do , must do attitude in the discharge of his responsibilities.
• Should be comfortable in the role of a "Teacher”
• Focused on the needs of delivery teams as well as his client
• Seeks to continuously develop skills and knowledge in himself and others
• Not afraid to admit to gaps in knowledge
• Bachelor's degree is a must. BE / BTech / BSc degree preferred
• Cloud certifications
• Certification in ITIL 2011 Foundation and/or PMBOK or equivalent, is mandatory