Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
05/04/2018 02:16 PM
Title: Software Developer II- API
Assignment Duration: 6 Months
Potential to Extend: Yes
Potential to Convert: Yes
Work Location: Castle or Austin
Remote Work: Potential
Overtime Status: No
Code Challenge with solution submitted through Github
Manager Interview (15-30 minutes)
Team Interview (2-3 Developers)
Who will conduct interviews? See above
Manager Contact: Nancy Fox Velar
Preferred Contact Method: Email
Pre-Identified Candidate? No
Are you working with any suppliers currently? No
· Work with and develop modern, scalable, distributed applications using a variety of tools and technologies
· Design and build new features by writing elegant and maintainable code using engineering best practices
· Own quality by writing tests, diagnosing issues, and fixing bugs
· Collaborate with other software developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operations engineers daily
· Contribute to team dialogue on approaches and standards
· Provide and receive constructive feedback during code reviews
What does a typical work day look like? (How much time will be spent in meetings? Etc.)
• Day to Day: Development, peer review, unit testing, 80/20 split of Development/Test, participate in daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning meetings.
• This project enables support Racker's to search and globally view customer/employee information. Other aspects of the project focus on integration of additional systems and new feature enhancements to expand global search capabilities of customer information.
How does this project impact the business?
• This system is a critical support tool enabling global view of our customers. This project will be transformational to overall success of how Rackspace supports its customers.
How does your team impact the business?
• See Above
What does the team environment look like?
• Friendly agile team consisting of API and UI developers working alongside Product Managers and Quality Engineering.
What is the interaction level this resource will have with the team? The manager?
• Daily Interactions
What is driving the need for this resource?
• Business transformation
Why should candidates be interested in this role/project? (Discuss the competitive market and any unique selling points for Rackspace)
• This is an exciting and complex project that will enable Rackspace to have a global detailed view of customer information pulling from multiple systems.
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5 SKILLS NEEDED
• 3+ years of experience with Python
• Understanding of RESTful design principles
• Experience integrating with third party APIs
• Disciplined in both unit and functional testing
• Experience working on agile development teams
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Understanding of HTTP, RESTful web services, and API contract design
• Experience with Ruby
• Experience with UI design
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
Required Soft Skills:
• Adaptability with unforeseen and rapid change
• Self-sufficient/Self-Motivated-individual accountability
• Team player
How will the performance be measured?
• Agile cycle time of quality code
• On-time delivery to committed features
• Bachelor's degree in a technology related field, or equivalent professional experience
Operating System Needed for this role:
The main function of an specialty developer is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs utilizing software packages considered. A typical specialty developer is responsible for designing software or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Job
Apply by creating/using account