Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
03/06/2018 12:26 PM
HALTING THIS POSITION ON THURSDAY AT 5PM CST
03/06/2018 12:25 PM
Title: Developer- specialty II
Assignment Duration: 12 months
Potential to Extend: Maybe depending on funding and business needs
Potential to Convert: Maybe depending on funding and business needs
Work Location: SAN Antonio (Castle OR Austin
Remote Work: No..
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Overtime Status: No
Interview Process: Will be using Hiervue
Who will conduct interviews? Manager and developers
Manager Contact: Uma Goring
o Work with and develop critical legacy application to modernize it into a scalable, distributed application using a variety of tools and technologies
o Design and build new features by writing elegant and maintainable code using engineering best practices
o Analyze domains and translate them into practical and effective data models
o Own quality by writing tests, diagnosing issues, and fixing bugs
o Collaborate with other software developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operations engineers on a daily basis
o Provide and receive constructive feedback during code reviews
What does a typical work day look like? (How much time will be spent in meetings? Etc.)
o Most of the time will be spend working on code. Meetings will be with QE team, Ops team and
How does this project impact the business?
CORE has supported Rackspace's provisioning, support, and operations for over fifteen years. CORE also has many other modules like Ticketing, Churn etc.
How does your team impact the business?
o The team supports many part of the dedicated business with regards to tickets , devices and account information
What does the team environment look like?
· Currently has 8 devs. 6 at Castle, 1 in Austin and one remote. (can you please elaborate on what additional information you would like here.
What is the interaction level this resource will have with the team? The manager?
· This individual will be responsible for all RTB requests that are prioritized by business. They will interact heavily with our QE team, BA and Scrum Master.
What is driving the need for this resource?
The resources will be needed for the next 18 months to accelerate CORE strategy and all the work required to help get ticketing, devices and many other things out of CORE. They will also continue to help with RTB needs of CORE
Why should candidates be interested in this role/project? (Discuss the competitive market and any unique selling points for Rackspace)
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5 SKILLS NEEDED
· Minimum 2 - 4 years practical software development experience in building large scale web-based applications
· Experience with source control tools like github and svn
· Good analytical and debugging skills
· Experience with Postgres.
· Experience with UI design (css, html )
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
· Experience with application architecture, system integration, concurrency, optimization, etc.
· Experience with pse (python servlet engine)
· Strong understanding of HTTP, RESTful web services, and API contract design
· Experience with Continuous Integration (Ansible , Jenkins).
· Experience with SDLC process and JIRA tool
Required Soft Skills:
· Must be a team player, willing to receive constructive feedback. This is a legacy system which means code is all over the place – needs patience and high level of discipline when implementing code
How will the performance be measured?
· Ability to deliver on tasks , the quality of code on this tasks and whether they are delivered in a timely manner
Operating System Needed for this role:
· CentOS (nice to have not absolutely needed)
Apply by creating/using account