Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
CPI is hiring for a Field System Engineer on a contract with the right to hire based in Fort Bragg, NC.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform demand and scheduled maintenance on Army UC SCSS suites of equipment
• Monitor the performance of, and maintain Army UC SCSS suites of equipment as required, in close coordination with the NOC/SOC.
• Swap and repair servers, storage systems, routers and switches, and other hardware
• Interact with datacenter and NOC/SOC personnel via telephone, email, web portal, etc.
• Respond to demand maintenance by shipping and receiving of servers, networking equipment, remote power consoles, etc. to maintain availability and reliability of Army UC SCSS
• Ensure peak performance by installing and maintaining firmware and software
• Performance of all Storage, Virtualization (compute and network), and Disaster Recovery functions.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Firm grasp of advanced aspects of Datacenter Virtualization including VMware ESXi, enterprise storage and fiber channel switching, Cisco USC B series compute, and overall performance tuning of these technologies
• Superior understanding of protocols (FC, iSCSI, NFS, SAS, SATA, SSD), Replication and Disaster recovery ideology.
• Environment, policy, procedure, work instruction documentation and upkeep
• Change management procedure compliance
• Incident response and resolution; Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
• Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of the Army UC SCSS suites
• Maintain up-to-date baselines for the configuration and operations of all devices
• Maintain operational configurations of Army UC suites as per the established baselines.
• Monitor the Army UC SCSS suite for efficient and appropriate operations.
• Review logs and reports, interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution
• Participate in the design and execution of best practices assessments, disaster recovery tests and security audits
• Provide on-call support of Army UC SCSS suites.
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a closely related field is preferred
• Four (4) or more years of Enterprise Datacenter Experience
• Technical and working experience and knowledge of routing, switching, internet protocols, and monitoring
• One or more of the following related Certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX), Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA) Datacenter, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Microsoft Certified Systems Expert (MCSE).
• Good interpersonal skills, computer skills, Microsoft Office suite
• Robust troubleshooting skills; preferably in a large-scale datacenter environment
• Linux system administration experience a plus
Apply by creating/using an account