Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lead Supervisor (Correctional Services)
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies " by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies " by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
ARAMARK Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
Supervise processes and/or labor in the areas of general utility and kitchen. These areas would include trash disposal, sanitation, and maintenance, and/or preparation and portion of food items in accordance with OP-X production requirements.
· Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
· Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to OP-X standards.
· Supervise cook supervisor, inmates and/or food service workers in food preparation and tray assembly.
· Ensures OP-X guidelines are being met. Ensures proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled. Ensures timely and efficient meal service.
· Review logs daily. Corrects any discrepancies.
· Assigns and coordinates work of the Cook Supervisors.
· Monitors Lead Supervisor inmates and/or food service workers to promote efficiency of operations. Follows and carries out the correctional facility rules and regulations.
· Trains Supervisors, inmates and/or food service workers in methods of performing duties. Must be able to read, follow and direct inmates and/or food service workers in the use of ARAMARK recipes.
· Review and compare population counts to production records.
· Adhere to security policies and procedures. Provides effective direction and ensures all inmates and/or food service workers are productive. Ensures storage areas are locked at all times. Ensures that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area. Ensures all keys are returned and secured.
· Reviews sanitation schedule and ensures Lead Supervisor adhere to the assigned schedule.
· Oversees cleaning of kitchen and tray assembly area. In addition, oversees washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
· Completes all documentation needed in order to meet, and exceed OP-X standards, to include the Supervisors OP-X Detailed Road Map (Levels 1-3).
· Properly receives and stores food and food related items. Requisitions supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels. Monitors stock levels and reports any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
· Participates in the preparation/5 Ps (Participation, Pulls, Production, Portion Control, and Post Production), storage and assembly of meals and food items.
· Follows Companys Standard of Operation for food handling and storage. Follows HACCP policies and procedures with regard to proper food handling procedures.
· Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow for inmate and/or ARAMARK employee workforce.
· Recommends disciplinary action, review documents with Food Service Director for approval.
· Completes all required training.
· Conducts monthly team Safety and 15 minute OP-X Training.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
Status & Scope:
Typically reports to a Food Service Director and/or a General Manager. Must have strong supervisory skills. This position generally will have 3 or more Lead Supervisors reporting to the position. Interfaces with unit management and inmates on a daily basis. In addition, may have contact with vendors and State/Federal agencies.
· High school education or equivalent experience preferred.
· One to Three years Supervisory work or food service related work preferred.
· Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication process.
· Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
· Must be able to understand and execute ARAMARK recipes, menus and production sheets.
· Must be able to use a computer.
· Must maintain Security clearance.
General Kitchen Equipment, Computer, Sanitation Equipment
Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
· Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
· Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Keying Not Required
Apply by creating/using account