Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Cook Supervisor (Correctional Services)
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies " by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies " by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
ARAMARK Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
Supervise inmates to ensure that food items are prepared in accordance with OP-X production requirements. Trains workers in methods of performing duties and assigns and coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations. This position participates in the preparation and serving of meals and food items. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels.
· Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
· Review monthly menu and ensure that food items are ordered.
· Train inmates on proper cooking procedures.
· Prints and distribute recipes. Direct inmates in the use of ARAMARK recipes.
· Assist in conducting inventory. Requisition orders as needed for approval.
· Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to OP-X standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
· Supervise inmates in food preparation and tray assembly. Ensures OP-X guidelines are being met.
· Participate in preparation and serving of meals.
· Ensure proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
· Ensure timely and efficient meal service.
· Assigns and coordinates work of inmates to promote efficiency of operations.
· Obtain accurate daily population counts and review with staff.
· Adhere to security policies and procedures. Ensure storage areas are locked at all times. Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area. Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
· Provide effective direction and ensure inmates are productive.
· Develop sanitation schedule and ensure cooks, inmates and/or food service workers adhere to the assigned schedule.
· Oversee cleaning of kitchen and tray assembly area. In addition, oversees washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
· Complete all documentation needed in order to meet, and exceed OP-X standards, to include the Supervisor¿s OP-X Detailed Road Map (Levels 1-3).
· Properly receives and stores food and food related items. Requisitions supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels. Monitors stock levels and reports any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
· Participates in the preparation/5 P¿s (Participation, Pulls, Production, Portion Control, and Post Production), storage and assembly of meals and food items.
· Follows Company¿s Standard of Operation for food handling and storage. Follows HACCP policies and procedures with regard to proper food handling procedures.
· Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow for inmate and/or ARAMARK employee workforce.
· Recommends disciplinary action, review documents with Food Service Director/General Manager for approval.
· Completes all required training.
· Conducts monthly team Safety and 15 minute OP-X Training.
· Perform other job duties as assigned
Status & Scope:
Typically reports to a Food Service Director and/or a General Manager. Interfaces with unit management and inmates on a daily basis. In addition, may have contact with vendors and State/Federal agencies.
· High school education or equivalent experience preferred.
· Minimum six months prep work or food service related work.
· Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
· Must be able to use a computer.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others. Must be able to understand and execute ARAMARK recipes, menus and production sheets.
· Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
· Must maintain security clearance.
General Kitchen Equipment
Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
· Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
· Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Apply by creating/using account