Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Title: Sr. Data Modeler
Project Location: Edison, NJ, United States
Contract Duration: Fulltime
Looking for a creative, logical, inquisitive, assertive analyst with strong critical thinking skills to assist with the development of a Risk Data Warehouse.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse system implementation
- Expertise with SQL and MemSQL databases, can construct optimized query statements
- Solid knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and implementation methodologies
- Experience of designing and working with relational and dimension models and complex record layouts, both structured and unstructured
- Working knowledge in technical aspects of business intelligence including data modeling, relational database management systems, ETL, metadata / data management, and OLTP tools
- Solid analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Proven experience as a quick learner and effective change agent
- Self-starting attitude and self-leading on problem solving.
- Consistent high attention to detail
- Has expert knowledge of applications systems analysis techniques.
- Able to rapidly learn technical/business techniques and disciplines of special value to the systems supported.
- Solid understanding of computers, programming, database tools/software, and Microsoft productivity applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access)
- Moderate working knowledge of an ETL tool (Data Stage, etc) a plus
- Working experience with relational database, such as Oracle, SQLServer is required
- Any BI/ETL experience is a plus
- Relational databases, filtering, aggregating data, joins
- Solid SQL skill and be able analysis the data and issue root cause, as well as create complex analytical procedures
- Source to target data mapping
- Ability to trace where data comes from
- Analysis of source systems that feed the data warehouse
- Source to target data mapping (application to data warehouse; data warehouse to data marts; data marts to reports)
- Work in collaboration with various teams to develop target models
- Developing user stories based on business and system requirements
- Support and improve business process, data management and governance standards
- Assist in the identification and assessment of potential new data sources
- Participate in meta data documentation, data profiling, and monitoring
- Strong English and technical documentation writing skill is required
- Perform impact and root cause analysis
- Drill into business processes, data quality, data relationships, and data flows to gain insight and understanding
- Partner with other team members to translate business requirements into technical specifications and ensure a smooth hand off to developers and quality assurance analysts
- Utilize existing artifact templates to capture requirements and proactively identify opportunities for improvements to existing standards or additional artifacts that will ensure high quality contents and delivery
Education Level Required:
Bachelor's degree equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
Apply by creating/using account