Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Looking for a BA with experience in small molecular Chemistry.
Drug Discovery a huge plus
Job Description: Reagent Inventory and Ordering Project
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Summary: Client is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to drive a software project to successful delivery.
Summary of RIO Project
The effort aims to replace an obsolete platform supporting Chemistry across the Discovery and Pharmaceutical Development organizations. This capability enables the inventory, ordering, and reporting needs for chemical reagents used by Client research scientists. The capability manages an inventory of over 225k containers, supports external ordering of 20k new reagents annually, and is the critical "lifeblood” of our chemistry operations.
The Client team is executing this through implementation, configuration, and integration with a 3rd party solution, JAGGAER's Chemical Inventory Mgmt. tool, "ERM”. This role will assume the position of a lead Senior Business Analyst to drive analysis, requirements refinement, and support implementation of the solution and integration/coordination with other related systems and business operations. A Project Manager will orchestrate efforts.
Responsibilities – IT Business Analysis
• Work with Informatics team and scientific groups to plan Business Analysis activities and refine project plan
• Coordinate stakeholder assessments and management of stakeholders/sponsors
• Collaborate with Informatics teams, subject matter experts, and stakeholder scientific groups to understand, gather, and validate detailed business requirements (EPICS, User Stories, etc.)
• Generate cohesive documentation of:
• Business processes / process maps (As Is – To Be)
• Requirements documents; including integration components
• User Stories / Use cases
• Data Dictionaries and Data Flow Diagrams
• Functional and Technical specifications
• Test plans & scripts
• Identify instances where existing processes may be streamlined or improved
• Manage and maintain all requirements materials and traceability matrices
• Work with Business Partners to incorporate business strategy and direction in the final solution
• Work with Tech Leads (DCMs) to clearly define any upstream/downstream interdependencies
• Articulate and communicate requirements to development teams
• Contribute to the Design Specification, Testing materials, and Support Planning/Change Control
• Assist with communication to business & stakeholder management activities
• Coordinate with PM to help identify resources required to operationalize the system
• Provide input for all QA & training activities
• Assist informatics team and project sponsor in executing a communication and change management strategy in support of project execution and rollout
• Infrequent overnight travel to MA and CA R&D Sites.
1. At least 8 years of prior experience working in an analyst capacity on large and/or complex projects in the Pharmaceutical Industry
2. Strong familiarity with Drug Discovery in early Research and Development; emphasis on small molecule Chemistry
3. Experience in Biopharmaceutical Research & Development industry; strong knowledge of early stage research and discovery.
4. Experience in an analyst capacity on a large scale COTS project, a custom development project, and/or combination of both (impacting 100+ Users across multiple domains)
5. Experience with formal SDLC practices, emphasis on Analysis & Design stages
6. Proven ability in gathering, tracing, translating and managing complex requirements, business rules, and data
7. Proficient in GUI mockups & prototyping
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical writing / documentation; organizes and presents ideas in a convincing and compelling manner
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams; able to provide technical leadership
10. Outgoing personality; self-starter able to work interactively and independently with stakeholders
11. Possess strong business acumen; possess a broad, enterprise-wide view and understanding of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
12. Bachelors or Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences
13. Experience with process modeling tools (ARIS, Visio, etc.) to identify, capture, define, and analyze business processes
14. Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
15. Lean Thinking / Six Sigma educated a plus
16. CBAB/CCBA Certification a plus
17. Experience with formal Agile practices / certification a plus
Additional Job Requirements:
Apply by creating/using account