Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
39 Licensed beds with surge capacity of 120. BLS, ACLS, PALS, and MAB are required. 300 patients seen daily. Ratio's are 1:3-4. ER generally see's younger patients. Level II Trauma facility.
• Assesses patients on admission within specified time frames to include consideration of physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs
• Reassess each patients health needs whenever warranted b the patients condition and at least every shift utilizing the nursing processes after obtaining a systematic database
• Establishes a plan of care based on indefinite data from all appropriate sources
• Reviews and updates the plan of care for each assigned patient utilizing data obtained from reassessments.
• Administers oral, topical the parental medications utilizing the 7 rights
• Assesses and documents effectiveness/untoward effects of medications and treatments.
• Performs treatments and procedures with consideration of common nursing practice, hospital policy and procedure, sterile technique, standard precautions and patient privacy
• Documents response to care and addresses pain management, discharge planning needs, educations and progress towards goals.
• Documents in a legible and accurate manner to include date and time of entry, signature, and title.
• Educates patient/family based on his/her assessed needs and uses "Krames” where appropriate
• Interprets or analyzes diagnostic data and reports, and intervenes appropriately
• Promptly communicates change in patients' clinical condition to physicians and other health care team members as appropriate.
• Uses SBAR communication for all handoffs
• Demonstrates consideration of patient rights including confidentiality, safety and patient participation in plan of care
• Evaluates and documents patient care provided and the effectiveness of patient teaching
• Participates in multidisciplinary care planning
• Demonstrates knowledge of application criteria for restrains and the ability to manage patients in restraints per policy
• Follows the National Patient Safety Goals
• Follows hospital policy on use of two patient identifiers
• Understands Disaster Plan and own role
• Understands how to activate the Rapid Response Team
• Completes orientation to Life Safety Standards – Code Blue, Code Pink (infant abduction, Haz Mat Spills, Code Red (Fire), Oxygen shut off valve.
• Follows hospital infection control policies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of blood transfusion policy and documentation
• Understand the Chain of Command and accesses it appropriately
• Follows guidelines for Core Measures and Vaccine protocol
• Washes hand before and after each patient contact
• Possesses necessary skills and experience to perform advance patient assessment at unit specific time frames and prioritizes and reprioritizes patient needs when necessary
• Has experience in caring for patients across the age continuum from birth to geriatric age groups
• Possesses necessary skills, competencies and education to respond to minor to life threatening illness or injury
• Completes the ED skills checklist prior to completion of 1st scheduled shift
• Exhibits an understanding of the patient flow through ED including Rapid medicine Evaluation (RME)
• Is able to perform all necessary nursing activities related to admission/discharge
• Learns and uses the chain of command within the ED
• Understands the teaching/physician residency model for the ED
• Possesses skill and knowledge base to safely administer high risk medications following hospital/ED policy
• Understands how to document patient care in the ED flow sheet and other paperwork utilized
• Maintains BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC when working in the ED (TNCC/ATCN/CEN Highly desired)
• Knows how to document and care for a 5150 patient
• Understands the ED evaluation/care process for potential/actual suicidal patients
• Is able to accurately analyze rhythms of patients of cardiac monitoring
• Has knowledge and experience managing patients with CVP, ICP and othe critical care adjuncts
• Assists the physician, physician assistant or Nurse practitioner with technical procedures i.e. chest tubes, central lines, intubation
Apply by creating/using account