Job title: Ambulatory Case Manager, LVN
Duration: 13 Weeks
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Work Location: Torrance Hospital IPA -23326 Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 300 Torrance, CA 90505
The Care Manager coordinates and monitors the health needs of patients with complex medical and/or social needs. The Care Manager works closely with patients, family members, physicians, hospital case managers, and ancillary service providers to achieve the patient's maximum functional potential. This position provides on-going support through comprehensive assessment and care planning and ensures care plans are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's needs and/or desires.
• Following department procedures, prepares comprehensive care plan that includes action steps and resources.
• Documents care plan and subsequent changes electronically.
• Routinely coordinates with patient and/or family regarding action plans and resources to carry out care plan recommendations.
• Monitors changes in the patient's health status and documents such.
• Effectively reviews care plan with primary care physician.
• Communicates with inpatient case managers to ensure smooth transitions.
• May perform in-home assessments.
• Remains current with relevant healthcare requirements and the relevant professional literature.
• Develops and maintains written procedures.
• Follows company code of conduct.
• Thorough knowledge of case management.
• Understanding of family and group dynamics.
• Familiarity with behavior modification techniques.
• Knowledge of resources in the community, laws, regulations, and policies that govern case management.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining rapport with members, families, and local resources (medical, social, civic, legal and religious organizations).
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and communication with a wide variety of people and to work as a team member.
• Ability to form helping relationships with patients and family members of all ages and cultural backgrounds, regardless of diagnosis or disability.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set appropriate priorities.
• Working knowledge of Federal, State and local community resources, services and programs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors/Associate degree in nursing is required.
• One year minimum case management and home health work experience desirable
• Computer Literate
• Good command of the English language.
• Ability to read and understand health plan contracts.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current California LVN license
• Current BCLS certification
• Care Management Certification: CMC, CCM desirable