Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PEDIATRIC HEM/ONCOLOGY RN TRAVELER
DAYS 7A-7P 3/12'S
** Must have Aphon Chemo Cert *
Infants to young adult treatments: Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Solid Tumors, Histiocytosis, Neuro-oncology, lymphoma, Leukemia, Recurrent and Refractory Cancer, Palliative Care, and After Cancer Treatment.
28 Bed Hem/Onc
24 Bed Overflow – serves MedSurg and Hem/Onc patients
Outpatient Clinic – Chemotherapy
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, a Registered Nurse who provides first line supervisory oversight for a specific unit during a designated shift. Ensures that quality care is provided according to policies and procedures, that patient flow/placement is efficient and that daily staffing needs are met to assure the highest quality patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- 2-4 years pediatric Hem/Oncology nursing experience within an acute care hospital
- 1 year acute care nursing in a pediatric inpatient hospital preferred
- Experience with IV skills and lab draws
- Experience with administering Chemotherapy preferred
- Experience with outpatient oncology preferred
- Experience with barcode scanning (PPID, Breastkmilk, Blood labs, etc.)
- Experience with EMR, Cerner preferred
- Experience admitting and discharging patients
- **Must be willing to float to other units and receive comparable assignments**
- Active California RN License
- Current BLS
- Current PALS
- APHON Chemo Certified
- CPON or CPHON Certification preferred
Associate degree in Nursing from an approved school
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited school preferred
TRAINING AND KNOWELDGE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of and ability to provide appropriate family-centered patient care based upon age appropriateness and cultural and spiritual needs
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with others
- Ability to prepare timely and accurate documentation and reports
- Ability to perform work according to CHOC policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to unexpected changes in work load/staffing
- Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1) Accurately and thoroughly perform admission, initial, and ongoing assessments of the patient/family utilizing developmental theory to determine physiological, psychosocial, educational, spiritual, cultural, and related factors impacting illness/wellness.
2) Integrate family-centered care philosophy, objectives, and goals into nursing practice.
3) Review and assimilate clinical data for changes in patient status.
4) Report and act on changes in patient condition.
5) Recognize and respond to critical changes in clinical situation.
6) Administer and monitor therapeutic interventions and regimens.
7) Act as a patient advocate.
8) Utilize resources responsibly while providing quality, safe, and competent care.
9) Continually evaluate the quality and effectiveness of individual nursing practice in accordance with organizational and regulatory requirements, as well as clinical outcomes data.
10) Evaluate own performance, acquire and maintain current knowledge in evidence based practice, serve as a facilitator of change.
11) Contribute to the professional development of self, other nurses, and multidisciplinary team members.
Apply by creating/using an account