Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Cardio-Vascular Tech - Travel
5/8's + call MUST HAVE PEDS EXP
Must have Client MacLab and combo lab (Hemodynamics System) experience
Reporting to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab Director, the Cardio-Vascular Tech in Cardiac Catheterization Lab works with the pediatric cardiologist and cardiac catheterization team to perform diagnostic, interventional, hybrid, and electrophysiologic catheterization procedures. In collaboration with the cardiologists or vascular surgeons, the cardiac vascular tech (CVT) monitors pediatric cardiac procedures and is responsible for the procedure record and data entry into the hemodynamic monitoring system. The CVT also assists the physician with scrubbing during diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures including pediatric, vascular, hybrid OR and device insertions
Will consider A very experienced radiology tech that has worked in interventional radiology
=License and Cert Required=
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Basic Life Support
Cert Reg Central Service Tech
Ped. Advanced Life Support
Graduate from an AMA approved Bachelors Degree program in Cardio-Vascular Technology
Three years of cath lab experience
or 5 years has a radioloty Tech with Interventional radiology
Two to three years of pediatric cardiac catheterization lab highly preferred.
Scrub experience in diagnostic and interventional modalities such as PCI, IVUS, RADI wire, device insertions, stent deployment, and
pacemakers EP Interventional experience
Client MacLab and combo lab (Hemodynamics System) experience
=Skills and Abilities Required=
Ability to adapt to changing conditions
Ability to work effectively with others
Knowledge of emergency procedures
Computer literacy Knowledge of sterile technique
=Essential Job Functions=
1) Monitors diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures for pediatric and young adults
2) Assists cardiologist with Cardiac Cath by scrubbing including, but not limited to PCI, retaliator, stent deployment, RADI wire, IVUS, and pacemaker devices. Also assists with other procedures and angiography as assigned. Must possess the ability to work under stressful situations with frequent interruptions. Incorporates regulatory requirements such as but not limited to the National Patient Safety Goals/ Joint Commission regulations and CVT standards of care in his/her practice.
3) Assumes responsibility for maintaining sterile technique and is thoroughly prepared with sterile supplies though-out the case, assists physician during cath procedures with the insertion of wires, sheaths, pacemakers or implantable devices, pressure monitoring, blood samples for hemoximetry, and interventional supply preparation. Able to maintain an orderly sterile field. Anticipates needs of the cardiologist.
4) Accurately interprets all cardiac rhythms, hemodynamic pressure waveforms and calculations. Ensures all monitoring equipment is functioning appropriately, informs medical staff member of significant EKG or pressure changes.
5) Responds quickly and efficiently during emergency situations by gathering supplies and equipment requested by physicians, nurses, RT's or other providers involved in the case. Recognizes and is able to respond to critical changes in clinical situations. Supports the team at all times.
6) Completes continuing education as defined by CVT. Submits a list of complete continuing education to Clinical Manager/Director at the time the yearly self-eval is requested. Attends required equipment updates.
7) Responds with the 30 minute time frame when on-call.
Apply by creating/using an account